Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pop up "No sim card installed" doesn't disappear on automatic unlocking process!!!

Default Pop up "No sim card installed" doesn't disappear on automatic unlocking process!!!
    Hello!

Finally I received my Gevey Ultra unlock. I've just followed all the instructions for untethered unlocking. Jailbreak was successful and unlocking too. Everything is working fine: data, e-mails, 3G, MMS,... But, unfortunatelly my untethered unlocking isn't so automatic as I've expected.

Everytime I reboot the iphone, it freezes on the pop up messsage "No sim card installed". Unless I click on the "OK" button, it won't do the other steps automatically. After clicking the "OK" button I have to put the airplane mode on and off. So the unlock works all fine, the carrier is detected.

Please, I'd like some help here to have my Gevey Ultra unlock working automatically.

Follows some information about my phone:

- Cydia: installed (sn0wbreeze 2.6 jailbreak) / version: 1.1.1
    - FuriousMod: 1.1.0
    - IOS 4.3.2 (8H7)
    - Iphone 4GS 32 GB
    - Modem firmware: 04.10.01
    - At&T (Carrier 10.0) / Using a Claro sim (Brazil carrier)

Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by vagcel; 2011-08-08 at 04:38 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Could you specify what you meant by Jailbreak was successful and unlocking too? The Gevey SIM is the unlock, so you didn't install anything from Cydia to unlock did you?

Is this a legit Gevey Ultra or a cheap one off eBay? If it's from eBay it could be a fake which means whatever you're experiencing could just be a side effect of it being a knockoff Gevey. If it's real and you're absolutely sure it's real, you might have to try a restore. But of course you can't restore without SHSHs saved. I hear that with a Gevey SIM some people have to restore to a stock fw first before using the Gevey, then jailbreak after properly activating the Gevey SIM to work.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I hear that with a Gevey SIM some people have to restore to a stock fw first before using the Gevey, then jailbreak after properly activating the Gevey SIM to work.
    +1. I thought Gevey made it specifically clear that it would not work with custom firmwares.

"Can the GEVEY Ultra unlock iPhone 4 with custom firmware installed?
    If your iPhone 4 has custom firmware installed, the GEVEY Sim adapter will not work. You must restore your iPhone 4 to the original firmware to unlock your iPhone 4."

GEVEY Utra FAQ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

i.Annie (2011-08-14)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks for pulling that up and confirming my initial thoughts I'm glad I wasn't wrong and leading someone the wrong way

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Thanks for pulling that up and confirming my initial thoughts I'm glad I wasn't wrong and leading someone the wrong way
    Not a problem. I wanted to make sure that it was correct myself

Default I think the problem is Gevey SIM...
    Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Not a problem. I wanted to make sure that it was correct myself
    First of all, I bought my GEVEY SIM on Applenberry. I don't have any custom firmware on my iphone and I just have the Cydia 1.1.1 installed. So the Applenberry Goddess Enterprise should investigate their SIMs. They don't work so well... In all cases, they advise the same think: hard reset and restore. For God's sake!!! I believe that restore a phone, jailbreak again to work is simply an herculeous procedure to do, just to put a phone to work rsrsrs. I'd better use the Gevey Supreme one, that is fake, but functions very well at least!!! You don't have to jailbreak the phone and is very similar an untethered unlock, since you just have to hit cancel on reboot to unlock the phone.

Thanks anyway!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well the Gevey SIM actually is stating to *not* have a jb on the phone rather than to say to jb the phone in order to work.

Yes it is quite strenuous to have to restore just for this to work so I can understand what you're getting at. I agree, it should just be a pop and go sort of thing.

I had the same problem, using a custom firmware and can't get rid of the no sim popup to dissapear. To solve this, i installed an older version of FuriousMod (v1.0.2), you can add this repo to download it: hyratech's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com . Using this older version you will get the automatic mode with no problems, at least it worked for me!. Please notice that everytime you reboot your phone you have to reenable the roaming 3G and activate Facetime. Hope it works for you!

Note: It will take like 1 min to get signal. After a long time with Searching you'll see "No Service" like for 30 seconds and after that it will getsignal. Just give it time.