Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hacktivate

Wink hacktivate
    HI, im a new user and i had my iphone 4 running on 4.3.3 for a good two months now. Traveling around a lot switching from country to country. I had problems with the phone ranging from being on AT&T when i got on a month plan no bars fixed that. oh data plan wont work on AT&T 500MB oh fixed that APN. now i didnt know my push notification was the problem for most apps like yahoo messenger or mail. Does hacktivation or some sort of jailbreaking messes with the ability to use find my iphone to locate you on the map. i Can send messages,Lock it, all that but when i look at the map on the website and on phone No location available. anyway i can fix this.

by the way i know gps works i used it alot and everything from push to location services is on and im using the wifi because i dont have service with a provider yet.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hacktivation side effects can include: excessive battery drain, push failure, youtube failure

JB/Hacktivation does not affect GPS. Find My iPhone shouldn't be having any problems on a JB/Hacktivated device.

Personal suggestion if problem persists, restore and reJB if possible (need SHSHs saved to do so).

Thanks

Hacktivation does not give you Push Notifications, but your YouTube and GPS can be fixed.

Go to Cydia > More Sources (add, iPhoneModding) > Search 'Push Fix' > Install > Reboot
    - This should REPAIR your YOUTUBE and GPS applications NOT your PUSH NOTIFICATIONS.

In order to fix your Push Notifications, you need to either use SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) or Push Doctor (No Push Certificates at the moment, but you can follow their blog for any updates [cmdshft] )

If you ALREADY have a Official SIM Card, go Activate It on iTunes and that should resolve your Push Notifications, Battery Drain, etc:
    Twitter | @infinitypark003
    YouTube Channel | Infinitypark003

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Using SAM alone should fix all the problems. There isn't a need for pushfix then.

Thank you Annie and Infinity for the response, but the push notifications work now and my YouTube always did work. Infinity I don't know whats going on with push doctor, i used it once and i guess i got lucky that day and i was able to install. I'm not going to mess with it again. As far as SAM Annie,are there any risk of using it at all? one more thing i wanted to bring up. Since 4.3.3 running on bb 4.10.01 unlock is never going to come out besides gevey sim. I'm sure there will be a jailbreak/unlock for ios 5 maybe a week after it comes out right? I can only assume. SAM should fix push notification and maybe any error with the gps location for find my iPhone (no location available, but i can send text,play sound, and lock it with a pass code.)
    Last edited by help1166; 2011-08-14 at 05:12 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

There shouldn't be a problem with SAM but anything related to jailbreaking is never certain

I don't know if there will be an unlock when on iOS 5. it's 50/50 chance in my book. But seeing as how the iPhone 4 got one more "major" update since its release (which is 4.2.1) there should've been an unlock for that bb at that point but there isn't. It sucks but it seems the experts on unlocks on the dev team are not available at this time to work on it ...