Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I need to install SAM?

Default Do I need to install SAM?
    Hello, I have a iPhone 3GS on 4.2.1, I JB'd using a snowbreeze created ISPW and iTunes with TU. Unlocked via ultrasn0w. I'm not sure if my battery is suffering due to my activation method. It seems like its dying faster than it should for how I use it. I've heard this might only be necessary if your using ultrasn0w using a 6.15.00 BB, but I have the 5.13.04 BB. Does this still apply to me? I'm not sure if the battery drainage only affects certain fw/unlock methods/BB or whether it always applies unless you activated via ATT sim.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

No one has any info on this really? I thought this was the premier site for all iPhone related information...

All I want to know is if the SAM is needed for all FW/BB/JB methods etc? If you didn't use an AT&T sim card, your battery is draining and you should use the SAM method, regardless of FW/BB/etc. is this correct?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

SAM is required for devices that are hacktivated and are having massive battery drain issues due to hacktivation.

However your best bet would be to get an official carrier sim (even if its no service) to activate the device. It will save you a whole lot of headaches in the long run.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you hacktivated, like the above mentioned, then there would be no harm to install SAM. It may or may not alleviate your excessive battery drain. Usually these things occur due to hacktivation, however sometimes it can just be the jailbreak itself. Jailbreaks don't always work out 100% correctly/bug-free the first time so expect that you may have to redo it if SAM doesn't help.

A quick search can give you the answers you're searching for. Such as that of how to use SAM, it is not exactly straightforward and self-explanatory so I highly recommend finding a detailed, illustrated guide to help you through the installation.