Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking with GEVEY ULTRA HELP !

Default Unlocking with GEVEY ULTRA HELP !
    Hi currently have iphone 4 with firmware 4.3.4 .

Ive been trying to unlock it with my gevey sim ULTRA and having a little trouble at a certain step. I got to the part where im suppose to do it manually or 'step 6' @ where it says click sim applications on my phone. Thing is I don't have a section that says sim applications. I tried the tether jailbreak but thats a hassle and it still doesn't work with that.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What baseband are you currently on. It was my uderstanding that the Gevey sim only works up to the 4.10,01 modem firmware (baseband) and I believe the 4.3.4 should have this baseband but not really sure.

As far as the manual process goes there is no step that I know of that requires you to click on sim applications. Where you got this info is beyond me.

The manual unlock process is the same as every other Gevey sim version out.

Manual Process:
    1. power on the phone
    2. wait for about 20 seconds after the slide to unlock screen appears. Select accept on the welcome screen.
    You will see "No Service" then one bar
    3. call 112 and hang up immediately (do not let the call connect)
    4. enter airplane mode
    5. wait until "no sim" error message pops up
    6. exit airplane mode and wait for signal to show up
    7. ENJOY

i used the guide provided by applenberry.

yes firmware 4.3.4 baseband 4.10.01

i followed your steps and after doing the airplane, the only thing that pops up is new voicemail.

i tried 3 times and the sim error thing never popped up.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rnbvibes View Post
    i used the guide provided by applenberry.

yes firmware 4.3.4 baseband 4.10.01

i followed your steps and after doing the airplane, the only thing that pops up is new voicemail.

i tried 3 times and the sim error thing never popped up.
    I saw the manual instructions you were referring to on applenberry's website and the process is the same usual process as before just with added steps.

The problem with trying to use the automated process on 4.3.4 is the fact that the jailbreak is tethered. While although it may be quite possible since the baseband is at 04.10.01, it requires a few reboots and that in turn requires running redsn0w and re-jailbreaking.

What carrier sim are you trying this with??

I am trying with Tmobile, I recnetly got it to work, the only problem is that i have FULL SERVICE and it says Tmobile on it. But I cannot call out or text. When i try to call out to a friend, it auto dials 611. weird..