Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 baseband 04.10.01

  1. #1
    Default iPhone 4 baseband 04.10.01
    hi guys,

    new here, though i need to know if its safe for me to jailbreak my phone when its baseband is 04.10.01. i heard some folks says that its not yet factory unlock or a like. which i really dont understand why it stops me from jailbreaking. is there really any way i can jailbreak? any advantages or disadvantages?

    thanks alot! ^^

  2. #2
    if your ios is 4.3.3, just jailbreak with JailbreakMe 3.0. but there is no software unlock available for 4.10.01. only gevey or turbo sim harware unlock.

  3. #3
    thanks for your reply, but sadly i have updated to 4.3.4 and to make it worst i did not save shsh when i was at 4.3.3. i have been looking ways to downgrade it to 4.3.3 though mostly sites says i need to have my shsh files. ^^

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 104 Times in 103 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by donnnn View Post
    thanks for your reply, but sadly i have updated to 4.3.4 and to make it worst i did not save shsh when i was at 4.3.3. i have been looking ways to downgrade it to 4.3.3 though mostly sites says i need to have my shsh files. ^^
    Yeah unfortunately no shsh blobs, no downgrade. Try checking the device through Tiny Umbrella by saving the shsh and see what it gives you. You might just get lucky.

  5. #5
    yeah, will try now. thanks for the info..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Yeah unfortunately no shsh blobs, no downgrade. Try checking the device through Tiny Umbrella by saving the shsh and see what it gives you. You might just get lucky.

    hi ihappy, i just did save shsh on my pc. i am just curious why its shows 4.3.5 where in my current firmware is 4.3.4.. i was expecting it will save it 4.3.4 though. thanks!


  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 104 Times in 103 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by donnnn View Post
    hi ihappy, i just did save shsh on my pc. i am just curious why its shows 4.3.5 where in my current firmware is 4.3.4.. i was expecting it will save it 4.3.4 though. thanks!

    You missed the signing window. TU only grabs the shsh blobs that are currently being signed. Since apple is now at fw 4.3.5 this is the current fw they are currently signing.

    If you are on 4.3.4 you can try using iFaith to extract the shsh blobs from it, although I'm not quite sure if iFaith supports 4.3.4 and beyond.

    Just know that the jailbreak for 4.3.4-4.3.5 is tethered and quite buggy.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

    donnnn (2011-08-11)

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    You missed the signing window. TU only grabs the shsh blobs that are currently being signed. Since apple is now at fw 4.3.5 this is the current fw they are currently signing.

    If you are on 4.3.4 you can try using iFaith to extract the shsh blobs from it, although I'm not quite sure if iFaith supports 4.3.4 and beyond.

    Just know that the jailbreak for 4.3.4-4.3.5 is tethered and quite buggy.
    i see, thanks.. i actually jailbreak (tethered) my phone using redsnow 0.9.8b4 last night. i just give it a try just to see if it works, well it works and running okay but lets say i wanted to unjailbreak it, does this get me back to 4.3.4 using TU or i am guessing i will have to update to 4.3.5 as what you said i missed the signing of 4.3.4. thanks man..

  10. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 104 Times in 103 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by donnnn View Post
    i see, thanks.. i actually jailbreak (tethered) my phone using redsnow 0.9.8b4 last night. i just give it a try just to see if it works, well it works and running okay but lets say i wanted to unjailbreak it, does this get me back to 4.3.4 using TU or i am guessing i will have to update to 4.3.5 as what you said i missed the signing of 4.3.4. thanks man..
    If you decide unjailbreak your device and restore then your device will restore to the latest fw version that Apple is currently signing. If you didn't save the shsh blobs for 4.3.4 then you will not be able to restore to it.

    Apple is still currently signing the 4.1 fw for the 3G/3GS.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    If you decide unjailbreak your device and restore then your device will restore to the latest fw version that Apple is currently signing. If you didn't save the shsh blobs for 4.3.4 then you will not be able to restore to it.

    Apple is still currently signing the 4.1 fw for the 3G/3GS.
    great! i'll stay with my jailbreak fw 4.3.4 for awhile, even though its tethered instead of no jailbreak at all. thanks..

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •