Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3.5 unlocking with iPad Baseband

Default iOS 4.3.5 unlocking with iPad Baseband
    Alright, so here's the deal. My sister had an iPhone 3GS running a custom 4.3.3 firmware. It is already running the iPad baseband. Now, the problem is, she tried updating it :@

Of course the whole thing crashed (she doesn't know which error code showed up...). So right now it is stuck in recovery mode. I tried kicking it out of it with TU and fixrecovery and had no success. Accordingly, the only solution which comes to my mind is restoring it to the custom 4.3.3 firmware I have. Good idea! ...

I just realized I don't have the SHSH blobs for her iPhone on ANY firmware.

Does anyone have any idea of a solution? Also, is it possible to make a custom firmware using Pwnage or sn0wbreeze to restore the iPhone and then unlock it? (considering it has the iPad BB)

Thanks a whole lot in advance... Otherwise, I'm screwed lol

Thanks
    I am having the same problem. We need to use iReb and than restore to a custom made iOS 4.3.5 (you can usually only create this on a mac) I am up here right now trying to find a link to one that has already been created. Can anybody be of assistance?
    No sig spam, please read rules. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think there are any tools released /yet/ for making Cfw for 4.3.4/4.3.5.
    It's amazing how many sisters and girlfriends accidentally update their iPhones lol..

If there are No shsh I don't think there is any alternative and u gotta wait for sn0wbreeze/PT to be updated for 4.3.4/.5

Or u can try tethered jb via redsn0w I don't know if it would work or not. If it works check Cydia if it has blobs.. Who knows if it might have saved

Thanks
    Pwnagetool creates custom ipsw for 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 but I dont have access to a mac. Someone who does can easily create and share a custom firmware with us.

Anyone who can post a link with custom firmware of 4.3.5 3gs with ipad baseband is very much appreciated!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Ppl have a tendency of disobeying..
    Anyways u r not getting any custom firmware ipsw here. It's not legally permitted to distribute .
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Hey guys,

I have a Mac, and as of right now, am creating a pre-hacked ipsw of 4.3.5. If that doesn't work I'll try 4.3.4. I'll post the link for you guys to download it.

UPDATE - Neither are supported. Gotta stick with 4.3.3.
    Last edited by epiciphonehack; 2011-07-29 at 09:27 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epiciphonehack View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a Mac, and as of right now, am creating a pre-hacked ipsw of 4.3.5. If that doesn't work I'll try 4.3.4. I'll post the link for you guys to download it.

UPDATE - Neither are supported. Gotta stick with 4.3.3.
    Thanks for the update. Yeah unfortunately I don't think neither pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze has been updated to do custom fws for 4.3.4 and 4.3.5.

I know sn0wbreeze jumps from 4.3.3 to iOS 5 and supports all the way up to beta 3.

I also am having this issue, I've tried any and every solution you can find on google. I don't know what to do with this fancy paperweight. I hope there's a solution fast, before the iPhone 5 comes out!

For some very odd reason. Apple is currently signing iOS 4.1 I decided I'd try my luck and try downgrading the iPhone 3GS to 4.1 and unlock it with ultrasn0w afterward. Guess what????? It friggin worked!!!!! After spending countless hours trying to find a fix, it worked!! If you're running the iPad BB, create a custom 4.1 firmware to restore your iPhone with, restore the iPhone. Et voilą!!

Just an FYI you can use a stock firmware to restore to 4.1 if you have the ipad baseband

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Just an FYI you can use a stock firmware to restore to 4.1 if you have the ipad baseband
    How is that?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plm42 View Post
    How is that?
    Apple must be having mercy on all those who installed the ipad baseband and then "accidently" updated it. If Apple wasn't still currently signing 4.1 then the phone would be pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by plm42 View Post
    How is that?
    You just can lol try if you don't believe me. you'll get an error 1015 but all you'd do is kick out of recovery mode
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

apple is not signing 4.1. just tried.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwolf View Post
    apple is not signing 4.1. just tried.
    YES IT DOES AWSOME! I JUST TRIED! By the way for those that doesn't work this is what you can do :

Update to last version meaning 4.3.5 then you will get error and iPhone stuck on recovery mode, you will have to do a tethered jailbreak cause you iphone has 4.3.5 but because of the baseband that didn't got updated you get error. So you tether jailbreak with redsn0w
    0.9.8b3, you might have to do it twice but your iPhone will boot. After you installed cydia with redsn0w open it up again but this time choose just boot tethered option.

Voila no bricked phone. (you will have to boot tether every time your phone goes off)

Oh and for me it worked so good that it didn't even gave me an error , when restored to custom 4.1

Did you point the host to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com when restoring to custom 4.1 on 3gs?

Quote Originally Posted by NickNeeck View Post
    Did you point the host to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com when restoring to custom 4.1 on 3gs?
    No need to point, apple is still singing the shsh for 4.1!
    Last edited by NickNeeck; 2011-10-09 at 07:21 PM.