Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to UNLOCK iPhone 4.3.4, 5.16.02 baseband.--- Question

Default How to UNLOCK iPhone 4.3.4, 5.16.02 baseband.--- Question
    Hey Simon,
    I was hoping I could find some help with my iPhone 3gs-4.3.4 f/w 5.16.02. After reading through the forums I've found in order to unlock my phone I'll need to update to the iPad baseband, 6.15.00, which I'm willing to do. Could someone point me in the right direction with a link to the tutorial or tell me which program to use? I see there is the redsn0w method but it doesn't say anything about firmware 4.3.4, just 4.1. I just don't want to make a permanent mistake and end up with an iPod touch/paper weight.
    Thanks for your time.

Robert

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubley21 View Post
    Hey Simon,
    I was hoping I could find some help with my iPhone 3gs-4.3.4 f/w 5.16.02. After reading through the forums I've found in order to unlock my phone I'll need to update to the iPad baseband, 6.15.00, which I'm willing to do. Could someone point me in the right direction with a link to the tutorial or tell me which program to use? I see there is the redsn0w method but it doesn't say anything about firmware 4.3.4, just 4.1. I just don't want to make a permanent mistake and end up with an iPod touch/paper weight.
    Thanks for your time.

Robert
    Were you jailbroken before you updated to 4.3.4? If yes there are remote chances of your phone getting unlocked . Otherwise no.
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

No, It's an AT&T phone at the moment Purchased of CL. It isn't locked though. It just says NO SIM up top and I'm able to navigate through the phone, however no cydia etc.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubley21 View Post
    No, It's an AT&T phone at the moment Purchased of CL. It isn't locked though. It just says NO SIM up top and I'm able to navigate through the phone, however no cydia etc.
    4.3.4 does have a jailbreak with redsn0w but its tethered and not 100% fully functional. Plus ultrasn0w doesn't work for 4.3.4 at the moment. If the phone wasn't jailbroken anytime before the 4.3.4 upgrade then you're stuck I'm afraid.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. I also believe there isn't an option to upgrade the baseband with that version of redsn0w anyhow.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try running tinyumbrella with fetch shsh blobs from Cydia enabled under
    Advanced option ( look around in tinyumbrella I don have a computer ATM so don't remember the exact menu and option)
    If it fetches shsh then well and good.. Or u r stuck.
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Hi, I also have a iPhone 3GS 4.3.4 with 05.16.02 firmware.
    I had previously unlocked and jailbroken my phone before. But it became "lock" again after I updated my software with iTunes. Is there anything I can do to "unlock" again? I've tried a few third party unlock software and they promised so much they CAN'T deliver.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You're situation applies with this one, same answer. You can't unlock unless you upgrade to the iPad bb which cannot be done bc redsn0w apparently doesn't have the option for 4.3.4 and up. It would only work if you have SHSHs for 4.3.3 at least and downgrade to that, then use redsn0w to jb, upgrade bb, and unlock.