Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having problems with no service after unlocking

Unhappy Having problems with no service after unlocking
    Hi i am new to all of this but this is what i did, i unlocked my iphone 3gs using redsnow version 0.9.6rc15 and os 4.3.3 and upgraded to ipad baseband modem firmware 06.15.00 and installed cydia, the phone seems to be unlocked but i cant make calls on it, if i put different sim cards in it will show the carrier but there is no signal, please i need help on this

Quote Originally Posted by dakes2 View Post
    Hi i am new to all of this but this is what i did, i unlocked my iphone 3gs using redsnow version 0.9.6rc15 and os 4.3.3 and upgraded to ipad baseband modem firmware 06.15.00 and installed cydia, the phone seems to be unlocked but i cant make calls on it, if i put different sim cards in it will show the carrier but there is no signal, please i need help on this
    Nothing in your post says that you have unlocked your phone. You need to go to Cydia and install Ultrasn0w which is the software that will unlock the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

+1 Install ultrasn0w (via Cydia) for the unlock

I already did install ultrasnow through Cydia??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Do you have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2.1?

i dont think so, im new to all this, sorry, i wouldnt know what they are, the only thing i have ever done is back up with itunes

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's easy to check. Download Tiny Umbrella ( The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella) TO your computer. Start TU, connect the phone, and select save SHSH. The lower-right window will list the ones available.

i downloaded tinyumbrella and gave it a try but all the buttons are greyed out

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Did you connect your iPhone?
    Maybe within TU left pane, you need to click on the phone first... then press save SHSH. Try that

The phone isnt showing up in the left pane, does it need to be in DFU mode

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakes2 View Post
    ... does it need to be in DFU mode
    No

Does iTunes see the iPhone?

yes itunes sees the phone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try turning off your firewall (just for this test) ... see if TU finds the phone.

If not, don't worry about it. Forget I asked about having 4.2.1 SHSH blobs
    With your 'no service issue', I was thinking about trying 4.2.1.

tried turning off the firewall, still doesnt see it in left pane

is there anything i can do to get a signal or have i bricked it, is there any hope for it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Bricked it .... no way The solution has yet to be identified

Oh well. I've see this before and it's frequently related to computer software. A virus, a reinstall of something, missing components, that kind of stuff. Much more difficult to troubleshoot than the phone.

TU is a fairly simple program and should work.
    If you can, try it on a different computer. Note: iTunes must be installed.

I will try running TU on another computer, i really appreciate your help on this

I tried running TU on another computer and its working, its showing saved SHSH blobs which are
    4.1 (8b117)
    4.2.1 (8c148a
    4.3.3 (8j2)
    4.3b1 (8f5148b)
    what do i need to do now to get the phone working

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try this out and see if this helps

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

Stick with either 4.1 or 4.2.1 as these are the firmwares with least problems
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-07-21 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added info

Im having real problems here ive spent 3 days on this and still getting nowhere, i cant do a custom restore or any other restore in itunes it keeps giving me error message 20 not 2020 just 20 and i cant find any info related to this, the phone always ends up going back to the restore mode showing the usb cable logo, from what i can figure out here is that you need to use the correct version of redsnow to jailbreak each ipsw, am i right?, ive also used custom ipsw using snowbreeze but without success, is there a site with clear instructions on how to restore the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iTunes Error 20 does not make sense. iTunes Errors - The iPhone Wiki "Error when downgrading 2.0 to 1.1.1."

Here's what I recommend. (Worked for a different user last night).

Build a custom firmware for 4.1 with an old version of Sn0wbreeze (not sure which one, search the web).
    Start Tiny Umbrella, select start TSS server.
    Use redsn0w 0.9.6b6, browse to stock 4.1, select one (1) option 'enter pwnd-DFU'. follow count-down timer...
    Load shift/click/select 4.1 custom firmware (from sn0wbreeze above) w/iTunes.

Install ultrasn0w ...... If no-service ... continue:
    Load redsn0w 0.9.b6, browse to stock 4.1, select one (1) option 'install iPad BB'

Reboot and test.
    Done.

iClarified.Com / Tutorials has many 'picture' tutorials. They are good but do not cover you problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast