Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: No Service, No Network, No Carrier after Jailbreak

  1. #1
    Default No Service, No Network, No Carrier after Jailbreak
    iPhone 3GS, new boot rom. 6.15.00 baseband. model MB716LL. SHSH has been saved back to 4.1 via Cydia and TinyUmbrella. iOS 5 Beta 3 installed.

    Have not had many problems with any of the first two Beta .ipsw files. Now, all of a sudden, Beta 3 comes along and jacks everything up. iPhone will not activate. I'm on an AT&T contract.

    I can get everything installed, but phone says "Cannot activate this phone" after putting in info for Wireless connection. iTunes tells me there isn't a SIM installed.

    Here's what I have tried so far:
    1) Downgrade back to 4.3.3 FW. Still get the same error.
    2) Removing/Replacing SIM card. Got a brand new SIM today from AT&T. My wife's SIM from her 3G does not work in my 3GS. I have put my SIM in my wife's phone and it works.
    3) Tried disabling 3G and Cellular Data, as well as put phone in Airplane Mode. Result there, is an odd one. Airplane symbol comes up, phone connects to wifi and then Searching comes back in top corner, then back to No Service.
    4) Called AT&T to get Carrier Settings pushed to phone. No help there. "Our systems are updating and will not be available for 4 hours."
    5) I've done stock firmware, custom firmware, used Redsn0w, pwnage tool, and Snowbreeze. When creating custom .ipsw files, I have double and triple checked that Activate my phone is not selected.

    Nothing seems to work. I am at a complete loss. Only thing I can think of is that Apple has blocked the 6.15.00 baseband on Beta 3, servers aren't activating my phone because they are being bombarded with requests since it's a new Beta, or AT&T isn't pushing the info to my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to use my phone again. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Green Apple infinitypark003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Guam and Philippines
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    That's because the 06.15.00 Baseband can't be used in Stock Firmware. And why are you using that Baseband version If you have a AT&T SIM card???
    Twitter | @infinitypark003
    YouTube Channel | Infinitypark003

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman_A_Kcal_I View Post
    iPhone 3GS, new boot rom. 6.15.00 baseband. model MB716LL. SHSH has been saved back to 4.1 via Cydia and TinyUmbrella. iOS 5 Beta 3 installed.

    Have not had many problems with any of the first two Beta .ipsw files. Now, all of a sudden, Beta 3 comes along and jacks everything up. iPhone will not activate. I'm on an AT&T contract.

    I can get everything installed, but phone says "Cannot activate this phone" after putting in info for Wireless connection. iTunes tells me there isn't a SIM installed.

    Here's what I have tried so far:
    1) Downgrade back to 4.3.3 FW. Still get the same error.
    2) Removing/Replacing SIM card. Got a brand new SIM today from AT&T. My wife's SIM from her 3G does not work in my 3GS. I have put my SIM in my wife's phone and it works.
    3) Tried disabling 3G and Cellular Data, as well as put phone in Airplane Mode. Result there, is an odd one. Airplane symbol comes up, phone connects to wifi and then Searching comes back in top corner, then back to No Service.
    4) Called AT&T to get Carrier Settings pushed to phone. No help there. "Our systems are updating and will not be available for 4 hours."
    5) I've done stock firmware, custom firmware, used Redsn0w, pwnage tool, and Snowbreeze. When creating custom .ipsw files, I have double and triple checked that Activate my phone is not selected.

    Nothing seems to work. I am at a complete loss. Only thing I can think of is that Apple has blocked the 6.15.00 baseband on Beta 3, servers aren't activating my phone because they are being bombarded with requests since it's a new Beta, or AT&T isn't pushing the info to my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to use my phone again. Thanks.

    I have exactly the same situation.

    Can I can ask, did you restore Beta 3 stock firmware without an error at the end ? I did and that was strange as all other stock firmwares error at the end due to the BB.
    Also do you no longer get a message about the SIM card when you put it in and take it out ?

    What ever firmware I put down either stock or custom they all go down without error ( odd ) and then the phone just says searching.......then no signal regardless if I have a SIM card in or not.

    I've taken the phone apart to make sure the contacts are OK with the SIM and they are fine so I wonder if apple have knobbed out 6.15 phones with this beta 3

    Si

    Just follow up, I'm currently running 4.3.3 and have used Pwange to make a custom rom that removes the need to activate so I'm into the phone. I've just put the phone in airplane mode and now I get a voice mail notification so the phone so now getting service. Also now when I pop the SIM card in and out I get the pop up notifications.....what is going on
    Last edited by BigladUK; 2011-07-13 at 04:45 PM.

  4. #4
    @infinitypark003 - I bought the phone from a T-Mobile user and it was already on the 6.15.00 Baseband. I'm aware it cannot be used with Stock .ipsw files.

    @BigladUK - I restored to Beta 3 .ipsw expecting the same as past two Betas giving the 1605/1615 error and then just kicking out of recovery with Tiny Umbrella. Well, this time, it didn't happen. It went all the way to the end successfully. Activate iPhone came up, so I started the process. There is where the error came back stating could not activate phone as well as the No SIM installed error in iTunes. I have tried doing custom .ipsw files that do not include the Activate function, and still get the same thing. I suppose when I get home, I will try building a custom .ipsw that does activate and see how that goes.

    I really don't understand why the custom 4.3.3 .ipsw with an AT&T contract doesn't work either. I am wanting to believe the AT&T system upgrade and the iTunes upgrade is the culpret here. I hope Apple isn't locking out the 6.15.00 baseband.

    On a side note, I was able to sync my phone this morning. iTunes is now showing it has a SIM installed. I had to leave for work so my iPhone is still at home

  5. #5
    So.....Installed 4.3.3 custom .ipsw that is Activated. I try the Airplane Settings trick and it almost works. After switching it off, the phone will search and then show 1 bar of signal strength but still never shows AT&T or allows any phone calls. I am getting the same this as BigladUK after installing the custom .ipsw file. I can pull the SIM out and it shows pop up message. Put the SIM back in and back to "searching" and then "no service". I am honestly at a loss here.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman_A_Kcal_I View Post
    So.....Installed 4.3.3 custom .ipsw that is Activated. I try the Airplane Settings trick and it almost works. After switching it off, the phone will search and then show 1 bar of signal strength but still never shows AT&T or allows any phone calls. I am getting the same this as BigladUK after installing the custom .ipsw file. I can pull the SIM out and it shows pop up message. Put the SIM back in and back to "searching" and then "no service". I am honestly at a loss here.
    Install ultrasn0w through Cydia

  7. #7
    I've given up.

    Running Beta 3 I can activate it via the 112 trick then use airplane mode on and off then get the SIM recognised but I never receive any signal strength . I managed a full sync like this but the phone was like walking in treacle.

    I've now done like Eman and dropped back to an pre activated version of 4.3.3 which is operating normally except never getting a signal even after installing ultrasn0w.

    I'm assuming Beta 3 has done something to the phone firmware to break it up I'm no expert but as regardless which software version we try the same behaviour is seen it must be firmware based.

    The phone is actually my father in laws and he only uses it to play music and as a remote control so I'm just going to give it him back and forgot the whole sorry affair.

    Roll on iPhone 5 I guess

    Good lucy Eman with finding a solution from experts, I'll keep any eye on this thread with keen interest.

    Si

  8. #8
    Cydia refused to load for me after syncing back to 4.3.3 custom .ipsw file. I was able to run Cydia after booting tethered in Redsn0w, which should not have to be done since FW 4.3.3 is an untethered jailbreak on 6.15.00 baseband. Installed Ultrasn0w and Carrier Push Fix. Finally got AT&T 10.0 in the carrier settings, but the SIM is not activating with AT&T. Signal strength goes to 1 bar and nothing else.

    I know there is no way to downgrade the 6.15.00 baseband yet. @MuscleNerd has been working on if for quite some time now, but other hacks seem to push this to the side. I keep searching and searching and there are no other signs of this issue happening anywhere else. I will not give up hope though. If I have to downgrade to 3.1.1 to get it to work, then so be it.

  9. #9
    I'm back at it now LOL

    I tried Ultrasn0W as well but got nothing. I can activate my phone no problem as I have an Orange sim card that is recognises for registration but never gets more than searching........ or NO SIGNAL. If I swop the SIM card for a different operators it says INVAILD SIM so does know it's locked to orange.

    I'm starting to wonder of the phone has simply been blocked by the mobile operators likes one thats been reported stolen....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    I'm back at it now LOL

    I tried Ultrasn0W as well but got nothing. I can activate my phone no problem as I have an Orange sim card that is recognises for registration but never gets more than searching........ or NO SIGNAL. If I swop the SIM card for a different operators it says INVAILD SIM so does know it's locked to orange.

    I'm starting to wonder of the phone has simply been blocked by the mobile operators likes one thats been reported stolen....
    Does iTunes recognise it? Ie can you read the info etc through iTunes? Cos I'm pretty sure if it was imei blocked iTunes wouldn't do anything and you wouldn't be able to activate it even with an original sim... I could be wrong mind....

  11. #11
    Yeah itunes is fine with it and once the airplane mode is toggled and sim card is recognised activation goes through fine ( which is all apple ) but then when the phone tries to register on the network it never manages to do it hence I wonder if it's been blocked.

    My problems only began when I rolled forward to Beta 3 but at the same time I contacted Orange to get the unlock code....a coincidence perhaps but the phone isn't registered to me ( my father in laws business ) so perhaps the assume it's stolen ?

    I'm grasping at straws

    Si

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    I'm back at it now LOL

    I tried Ultrasn0W as well but got nothing. I can activate my phone no problem as I have an Orange sim card that is recognises for registration but never gets more than searching........ or NO SIGNAL. If I swop the SIM card for a different operators it says INVAILD SIM so does know it's locked to orange.

    I'm starting to wonder of the phone has simply been blocked by the mobile operators likes one thats been reported stolen....

    Since the 6.15.00 baseband is for iPad, do you think it is possible Apple wrote something in the new Beta that locks out any type of network usage for iPhones? If so, that baseband downgrade just became WAY more important.

  13. #13
    That would certainly make sense with the results we are seeing....

    I'm not sure how we'd test that theory out ?

  14. #14
    I know this may sound stupid but you are sure it's a valid sim right? Do you know anyone else with an orange sim you could try just to rule it out?
    Or even any sim come to that if ultrasn0w has been installed on iPad BB then it should be unlocked...

  15. #15
    Not a stupid question. The SIM is valid and I've also tried another valid orange SIM with the same results.

    ultrasn0w doesn't work on Beta 3 although I'm currently waiting in orange unlocking it ( should be a few more days ) then I'll try an o2 and vodaphone sim

    Si

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Not a stupid question. The SIM is valid and I've also tried another valid orange SIM with the same results.

    ultrasn0w doesn't work on Beta 3 although I'm currently waiting in orange unlocking it ( should be a few more days ) then I'll try an o2 and vodaphone sim

    Si
    Guess I'm clutching at straws too now then lol dunno what else to suggest mate....

  17. #17
    If I have not mentioned it before, I have put my SIM card into my wife's iPhone 3G and it gets a signal almost immediately. I put her active SIM in my 3GS and the same thing happens as before. No service, then No Signal. I have two valid, active SIM cards, but only one working iPhone.

    Just to add info, the wife is on 4.2.1 FW and 5.15.04 baseband.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman_A_Kcal_I View Post
    If I have not mentioned it before, I have put my SIM card into my wife's iPhone 3G and it gets a signal almost immediately. I put her active SIM in my 3GS and the same thing happens as before. No service, then No Signal. I have two valid, active SIM cards, but only one working iPhone.

    Just to add info, the wife is on 4.2.1 FW and 5.15.04 baseband.
    if your on an official carrier for the iphone, with sn0wvreeze you dont click activate. you create an unactivated firmware.

  19. #19
    Called AT&T last night. Updated IMEI and SIM ID with them. Still nothing working. They transferred me to Apple. Apple said, "your phone is out of warranty. You can pay for over the phone help if you want."
    Also have an iPhone 3G working on for a friend and his is not working either. He's on 4.2.1 FW with the 6.15.00 baseband.
    I am 100% certain now that Apple has killed the 6.15.00 baseband on non iPad equipment.

  20. #20
    Has your friends had beta 3 applied at all and does it suffer from the same symptoms as ours?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •