Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w on iOS 5?

Default Ultrasn0w on iOS 5?
    Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of information about ultrasn0w running on iOS 5 with the iPhone 4?

Specifically I'm wondering what impact a lower baseband 01.59.00 will have with iOS 5. With 4.3.3 Apple added the problem of not showing the reception bars. I'm wondering what other problems may occur.

Do you think we may have to update our basebands and lose the unlock forever? I'm wondering how much more will the devteam support ultrasn0w now that they are selling unlocked iPhones in the US. It seems that they are no longer working on it anymore.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thats actually a good question. As of right now I havent heard of anybody running any of the betas with a lower baseband but since its still in beta I wouldnt recommend it since its not completely stable and most of the jailbroken apps arent working. Once the full public release is out then we should have some more concrete evidence on whether it will have a positive or negative impact seeing as apple is pulling out all the stops with ios 5 and since apple is now selling factory unlocked iphones here in the states and they plan on closing the hole where you can downgrade back to previous firmwares there may or may not be any use for ultrasn0w anymore at that point.

No they aren't closing downgrading down to 4.x al you will need are shsh's and a lower version of iTunes

Put it that way, it is not that they are no longer working on it they just cannot get the unlock working on new base-bands. accept or not HACKERS LOST THIS TIME

Thanks

^ Cool it up there.
    Arthur "Goof"
    ipodarthur@gmail.com

RIP Steve Jobs.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    No they aren't closing downgrading down to 4.x al you will need are shsh's and a lower version of iTunes
    I know. I was stating that the hole will be closed once the phone is upgraded to ios 5. But it will be interesting to see how preserving the baseband and updating to ios 5 (once the general release is out) will work