Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock for 3GS 4.3.3 bb 05.16.02

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Unlock for 3GS 4.3.3 bb 05.16.02
    HI there currently an unlock for 3GS firmware 4.3.3 baseband 05.16.02 that does not require upgrade to ipad2 baseband??

No nothing except ipad BB.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is there still gps issues with that?

I saw here, somewhere, only 5% have GPS issues...

For myself i did it on my 3GS newbootrom and everything is perfect...

1- Sync and after restore as new iPhone...
    2- JB and Install ipad BB with Redsn0w rc18 and use the ipsw on your PC for better result...
    3- You have to check install Cydia and Install ipad BB....
    4- Put you 3GS in DFU mode and let it works...
    5- Install Cydia first and after that instal Ultrasn0w...

With this everything was perfect to me...

It's your choice if you try it, let me know the final result if you do it...

Ipad BB breaks GPS, its an unfortunate side effect if you need an unlock. However, if you live in the city and mainly use maps app for navigation you dont really need gps for maps to work.

It's not for all iphone youlose the GPS... Only 5-10%, i don't knoe to prove you my 3gs is working fine, but i swear is true.

You do what you think is better for you.

You are the only person I've ever heard say 5-10%. If you are in the city, it is actually kind of hard to tell that gps isnt working because locations and the maps app will still work fine using triangulation and wifi to determine your location. One way to tell if gps is working or not is to go into maps and tap the arrow to locate you on the map. Wait a minute for gps to work out its location then if gps is working the blue circle around your location will start radiating outward like a beacon. If it doesn't, you dont have gps. Another way is to dl an app called GPS status and run it. If you cant receive a Good fix or better in that app then your gps is busted.

I tested it with NAVIGON and everything work fine... I was not in wifi and this sim card does not have the 3G and i already desactivated it with SBSetting...

Maybe i'm lucky, but i know couple of guy in a french site where am i who have GPS working after my procedure... It's not perfect, but couple of guy have great result except 1 i think...