Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with unlocking

Default help with unlocking
    Im trying to help my cousin out. He lives in Thailand but is visiting the states right now. He bought an iphone 3gs off of ebay. the phone is running 4.1 right now but showed up with serious issues. It has cydia on it so it is jailbroken. problem is that the phone is so slow it doesnt work. it will take about 5 minutes to open anything on the phone and then locks up. Definitely have to reinstall the ios. when you get to settings it shows nothing for the modem firmware. How can I go about doing this and unlocking the phone since they don't have at&t there.

use tinyumbrella and determine if an SHSH are saved. then restore to ios version of SHSH that is saved and then re jailbreak and unlock if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbrain View Post
    use tinyumbrella and determine if an SHSH are saved. then restore to ios version of SHSH that is saved and then re jailbreak and unlock if possible.
    Thanks I tried but nothing had been saved. So I just installed 4.2.1 jailbroke it and updated the baseband to the iPad to unlock it. It is running good now and is unlocked

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Glad it worked. But FYI: 4.2.1 is not the current iOS ... That means Apple is not approving it's load. To get it loaded SHSH blobs were stored somewhere. You're lucky