Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Baseband 06.15.00

Default Baseband 06.15.00
    Hi I was wondering if there was any way to download baseband 06.15.00 to my computer so that when I update it on other phones I don't have to download it all the time. Basically I unlock phones for friends and stuff here and there, and it very annoying to have to wait about an hour every single time I want to do it. Maybe there is a way to download it and just select the file to update baseband. So far I only know how to update the baseband through redsn0w. Is there any other program that might allow to do this? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

It takes an hour for you? It normally only takes a minute for redsnow to download it for me. In any case you can use snowbreeze to make a custom firmware with it pre-installed and restore to that if you want to avoid redsnow.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. redsn0w is probably the fastest. If youve got different models of iPhones coming in you'd need to create custom fw with the iPad bb for both types (iPhone 3G/3GS) and depending on what fw the people want like some may prefer 3.x for 3G.

But having those custom firmwares created already does allow for quick restore and jb and bb upgrade in one hit. Might take up a but of space on your computer as well

Just note, any devices that need restoring that ALREADY have the iPad bb installed require a separate custom fw to restore to that does *not* have the prepackaged iPad bb.