Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading Baseband

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Upgrading Baseband
    I know I will probably get flamed for asking this question but I don't care.

I have an iPhone 4 that I got last year at this time that still has the original baseband. I am JB on 4.3.3 and want to upgrade the baseband on my phone. I don't care about the unlock as I still have a year on my contract and have an AT&T family plan that has a good price.

I want to upgrade it to see if it will help the reception of my phone. Is there an easy way to upgrade it to the latest baseband?
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Just do a regular iTunes Restore and your baseband will be upgraded. However, I have an iPhone with 1.59.00 and had one with 4.10.01 and there is no improvement in reception. Granted, I use T-Mobile so not exactly a direct comparison.

FWIW, you could probably profit $100 by selling your unlockable phone and buying a LNIB non-unlockable phone.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

There is no flaming here on MMi at least we try to keep it from happening. Anyhow, I agree with the above. You can barely notice any difference if there is any at all with basebands. Your reception issue is plainly a fault of AT&T