Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G invalid sim/emergency call screen

Default iPhone 2G invalid sim/emergency call screen
    I am having iphone 1st gen ie 2G. i got from US hacked to work on any SIM. It was working fine but by mistake my brother updated it to the latest firmware 3.1.3 . After that itunes does not recognise my phone & says please insert valid SIM. On iphone there is invalid SIm msg & emergency call screen. I just can not go into any menus. guys please help me. I even purchased one online solution from iphone-unlocker pro site for 24 USD but nothing works.
    Vikash.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Download redsn0w 0.9.4 and bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 and 3.1.2 for iphone 2g. Run redsn0w, browse to 3.1.2, choose unlock, now browse to bootloader 3.9 and 4.6, continue and you will unlock your iphone 2g

Thanx for ur reply. but redsn0w doesnt seem to recognise IPSW file saying unable to recognise file. Please tell me wht to do.

Quote Originally Posted by iPittsburgh View Post
    Download redsn0w 0.9.4 and bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 and 3.1.2 for iphone 2g. Run redsn0w, browse to 3.1.2, choose unlock, now browse to bootloader 3.9 and 4.6, continue and you will unlock your iphone 2g

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You need to ensure you're using a 3.1.2 ipsw not 3.1.3, redsn0w won't recognize 3.1.3. But your phone can be on 3.1.3, you just have to use 3.1.2 for redsn0w to proceed with the jailbreak/unlock.

If you want 3.1.3, you can use make a custom 3.1.3 using PwnageTool 3.x (Mac) which will activate, jailbreak, and unlock your phone. If you use Windows, you can probably find a custom firmware via Google Search that will work.

I cant thank u enough, iAnnie. Thanx to u my iPhone is saved .

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Great Glad to see you've got it working

just one more smal help. after unlocking when i open itunes it says please restore your iphone. please tell me what to do?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Sounds like something didn't go right. Consider restoring and rejailbreaking it. That should fix your problem.