Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tried to get my iphone 4 unlocked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Tried to get my iphone 4 unlocked.
    I am a business customer with Att been with them for 4 years now. Contract is coming up here in July. Called to get an unlock and they were adamant that they could not unlock those phones. Just my experience fyi.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah. This has been talked about many times. You can buy a phone already unlocked from Apple but unfortunately they will not unlock any previous phones that were bought and/or locked to a contract. Some people have had good experiences getting away with it while majority of others have been shot down.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

With Apple offering an unlocked phone now, and an interview by the AT&T CEO last month where the idiot said 'we offer unlocked phones' ...... I would keep trying. The squeaky wheel gets the grease

there is a thread on mac rumors on this. the OP was able to get his phone unlocked for $50. but im thinking its a huge YMMV

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sell and rebuy from Apple might have to dish out more than $50 tho (probably closer to $200) but hey, better than nothing if AT&T doesn't budge for you.