Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery issue with new gevey ultra anyone?

Default Battery issue with new gevey ultra anyone?
    I just JB my iPhone 4 4.3.3 with Pwnage Tool, installed the fusionMOD package and noticed my battery draining really fast - almost 20% overnight.

Anyone experiences the same issue?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So far none that have been reported to me. I used the gevey ultra on my gf's ip4 and so far it seems to be working just fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

vt.huong (2011-06-25)

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    So far none that have been reported to me. I used the gevey ultra on my gf's ip4 and so far it seems to be working just fine.
    I have restored my phone as new and only install furiousMod and it's still happening. Weird?

I have install FuriousMod but still use my original AT&T Simcard (Gonna leave the country in a few day). Can it be the problem?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Its possible. My gf is using it with her T-Mobile sim and after a good day of use she still had 23% when she got home. It's possible that the 3g data could be using more battery then Edge does.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

vt.huong (2011-06-25)

Haven't seen this issue on Ultra's yet.

can you guys reffer me to trusted buyer on ebay

Everybody on eBay has legit Ultra's. There are no fake's out there yet. Make sure you're paying $27-$29 for it and nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by snakema13 View Post
    can you guys reffer me to trusted buyer on ebay
    I bought mine from 13001r (pretty sure it's real)

I just got mine today and have been experiencing battery drainage issues all day with furiousmod when the phone is on standby with the screen locked. When I removed the furiousmod package and manually unlocked the phone, the issue seemed to go away. I don't know what the deal is with furiousmod on my iphone (it just kills the battery on standby for some reason). I experience similar excess battery drainage with gevey sim with ultrasn0w installed. I tried to hard reset my phone again and am about to go to bed. I'm crossing my fingers that everything is ok now.

EDIT- just to update, it seems to be fine on battery now.. I think my phone just has some issue. For some reason I end up getting battery drainage issues every 2-3 days.
    Last edited by weaksos1; 2011-07-01 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbounce View Post
    Everybody on eBay has legit Ultra's. There are no fake's out there yet. Make sure you're paying $27-$29 for it and nothing less.
    But the gevey team said they never sold the gevey ultra on ebay...anyway, I've got mine from their official reseller,it works fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Brianhe View Post
    But the gevey team said they never sold the gevey ultra on ebay...anyway, I've got mine from their official reseller,it works fine...
    That's what they say, and if you ever email applenberry, they will send you an email that says "As a reminder to all our valuable customers, the Gevey Ultra is sold exclusively at www.applenberry.com. We do not sell this product on Ebay or Amazon. Please be aware that if you *did not* purchase this product at www.applenberry.com, you bought a counterfeit Gevey Ultra." HOWEVER, gevey.com and applenberry do sell gevey sims in bulk at a lower price, so the assertion that ALL ebay gevey sims are counterfeit is ridiculous because people do buy legit gevey sims at the lower prices then sell them on ebay.