Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Iphone 4 4.3.3

Default Unlocking Iphone 4 4.3.3
    Iphone 4
    Version 4.3.3

Hi.
    i recently purchased two locked Iphones and did all the necessary instructions for the Gevey Sim over and over and yet it says "Sim Failure" or "No Service"
    Could anyone pleeeeeeeeease tell me if there is any other way to unlock it? Any way???
    Thanks
    Help would be much appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. The Gevey sim is the only process to unlock you device. Make sure you are doing the steps correctly. I have seen alot of times where people skip a step or 2 and it messes up the entire process. If it is an unofficial Gevey then its possible that it could be faulty. You could always get the new Gevey Ultra as it will do the entire process for you automatically but that would require you to purchase a new Gevey sim and jailbreaking your device.

Here's a quick rundown of the process:
    1. Make sure your device is turned off. Insert the Gevey sim with carrier sim card
    2. Turn device back on and wait for the welcome screen and click accept
    3. At the top wait for the "No Service" sign and then one bar should show up (usually takes about 5-10 sec.)
    4. Dial 112 and hit call and end the call within 2 sec. (Do not let it pick up the call)
    5. Go into settings and turn on airplane mode and leave it on until you see the "No Sim Installed" message pop up
    6. Turn off airplane mode and click ok on the "Sim Failure" message. Signal should pop up after about 10-20 sec.

The instructions for my fake Gevey Pro says to toggle airplane mode twice, once after 112 and again after the "No SIM" message.
    If it's a fake, try toggling airplane mode twice.

I just got mine working and this is how i had to do it took me a couple times to figure out
    Gevey Pro (probably fake)
    iPhone 4 4.3.3 03.10.01 for t-mobile USA
    1. Turn off phone insert gevey with sim, turn on
    2. Wait for accept message and press accept
    3. Then went to settings, Network and turned off 3g
    (For some reason it wouldnt work with it on)
    4. Dial 112 then hang up
    5. Then settings turn on airplane mode and wait for the no sim message then press ok
    6. Turn off airplain mode and wait for sim failure message then press ok and wait.
    Hope this helps

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Interesting. Pretty much the same process just with 3g turned off. I never had to turn off the 3g until after the process was done for the many phones people have had me do. I guess it varies.