Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service, network list not showing up?

You need to unlock it for it to work. Make sure you uncheck 3G in network settings and install ultrasn0w from cydia
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post
    Okay, awesome, it looks like it's updated to the iPad bb...now what? Am I supposed to unlock it now?

Actually, just installed ultrasn0w and now it works, finally! Took awhile to connect to the network but it appears that I can now call out without a problem. Thanks a lot guys!
    You said the above

Quote Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post
    Anybody have any idea what happened here though? This iPhone worked before, up until I installed ultrasn0w not knowing that my baseband wasn't unlockable, if I recall...could that have wrecked something?
    Now you say this, so is it working or not ? What is your current baseband ?

Current baseband is the iPad one, 06.15.00. Phoning seems to work fine...suddenly stopped working for awhile but I noticed the 3G switch was turned off...I had to turn it on for my network (Telus) to show up. Otherwise only Rogers, AT&T and...um, forgot the other one, showed up.

GPS function seems to have been disabled though, but I'm not certain. I tried using the map function by tethering to another iPhone (no data plan with this one) and it just gave me a rough location with the big margin-of-error circle thing...whereas the normal iPhone (an iPhone 4) showed just the little blue indicator which moved along the road pretty smoothly (mine did not).

Anyway, this is as expected - everything, otherwise, seems to be working fine.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah. The GPS function is one of the things I can see people having problems adjusting to when unlocking with the ipad bb. That and the fact that you can only update/restore with custom firmwares.

I should be able to live with it...if I really need the GPS function that badly I could just use my other handheld GPS or get another iPhone. Just having a phone that works right now is more important.

Anyway, thanks for all the help guys, everything seems to have worked out as well as I had hoped!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Telus and Bell only use HSPDA the higher speed towers signal, so you need the 3g to be turned ON. Glad you got it working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12