Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Supreme (Pro Plus)

Exclamation Gevey Supreme (Pro Plus)
    Hello everybody, I'm new to the forums here (but a long time reader). Tell me what you guys think of this video:

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good video but it looks like he cut and pieced it together or maybe its just the fast forwarding thats throwing me off. Plus this isnt a real Gevey product and you apparently still have to dial 112 to get it working. The new Gevey Ultra shows a true untethered unlock but has to be jailbroken to do so.
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-06-21 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Good video but it looks like he cut and pieced it together or maybe its just the fast forwarding thats throwing me off. Plus this isnt a real Gevey product and you apparently still have to dial 112 to get it working. The new Gevey Ultra shows a true untethered unlock but has to be jailbroken to do so.
    True but here is my opinion. If the product works, it works. No matter who the seller is. (If it were true that this isn't an OFFICIAL product) Both the 'official'' and 'unofficial' products made in the same place and both do their job. Also, this video shows after all the cutting and fast forwarding that it is still running the same UN-LOCKABLE firmware and baseband.

ps: about the new Gevey Ultra, the unlock requires a jailbreak, which sucks, and the reason the jailbreak is needed is because it automatically dials 112, its just hidden and automated, so i think the supreme is better as no need for jailbreak.(and price)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You are correct as in the official and unofficial status. But both products aren't neccessarily made in the same place. That is why there is a difference between official and unofficial. Yeah they both work but some people would rather have an official product from the company themselves while others dont mind using an unofficial product created from the same method but made by someone else. To each their own though.

As far as this video goes. It doesn't show if the device is rebooted does the process have to be redone or does the signal stays intact.
    The Gevey Ultra does the process and seeks out the signal automatically everytime and I think that is what most people wanted.
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-06-21 at 03:30 PM. Reason: added info

I posted this on the gevey ultra thread as well, but don't buy gevey supreme. It is crap.--

The gevey supreme doesn't really work. The biggest issue is that when you reboot your phone, it will keep the signal, but you lose data. This is an issue on every single gevey supreme sold in the yellow packaging. Who wants to use an iphone without data? Seriously, this ability to reboot thing is worthless without data. Secondly, if you reboot more than a couple days after doing the process, the sim won't keep your signal (I don't even understand this). Another HUGE issue is that when you reboot, you never get the welcome menu. So that means if you need to reboot your phone, you need to physically pull the sim tray out of your phone to unlock it again by going through the 112 dialing steps. It's a complete pain in the @ss. The gevey supreme is crap. Gevey.us (the company that is producing these crappy sims) now also sells a gevey supreme in red packaging. Supposedly, those will allow you to keep data when you reboot (i.e. it fixed one of the problems with the gevey supreme in the yellow packaging), but it probably won't keep the signal after a couple days, and you probably also don't get a menu on reboot. Also if you go somewhere where you lose carrier signal for a while, you'll lose your signal and have to go through the unlocking process again (which for these POS's require pulling out the sim tray). Gevey supreme is pretty worthless imo. The ultra sounds like a way better ordeal since it's pretty much an untethered unlock in the sense that you don't have to do anything and it actually goes through the 112 dialing process for you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    I posted this on the gevey ultra thread as well, but don't buy gevey supreme. It is crap.--

The gevey supreme doesn't really work. The biggest issue is that when you reboot your phone, it will keep the signal, but you lose data. This is an issue on every single gevey supreme sold in the yellow packaging. Who wants to use an iphone without data? Seriously, this ability to reboot thing is worthless without data. Secondly, if you reboot more than a couple days after doing the process, the sim won't keep your signal (I don't even understand this). Another HUGE issue is that when you reboot, you never get the welcome menu. So that means if you need to reboot your phone, you need to physically pull the sim tray out of your phone to unlock it again by going through the 112 dialing steps. It's a complete pain in the @ss. The gevey supreme is crap. Gevey.us (the company that is producing these crappy sims) now also sells a gevey supreme in red packaging. Supposedly, those will allow you to keep data when you reboot (i.e. it fixed one of the problems with the gevey supreme in the yellow packaging), but it probably won't keep the signal after a couple days, and you probably also don't get a menu on reboot. Also if you go somewhere where you lose carrier signal for a while, you'll lose your signal and have to go through the unlocking process again (which for these POS's require pulling out the sim tray). Gevey supreme is pretty worthless imo. The ultra sounds like a way better ordeal since it's pretty much an untethered unlock in the sense that you don't have to do anything and it actually goes through the 112 dialing process for you.
    I agree with the no data issue. It wouldn't make sense to have signal with no data. Thank you. I appreciate this confirmation. I kinda figured it would have some issues since it is not an actual real Gevey product. Although you have to be jailbroken to use the Gevey Ultra, I would much rather have an automated process then to have to be doing the process manually everytime.

what do you guys mean by lose data ???

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liteon6x View Post
    what do you guys mean by lose data ???
    When you do the 112 process the first time you acquire signal and data. When you reboot your device the signal comes up for calls but wont be able to use the internet due to no data. The only way to fix this apparently is to redo the 112 process all over again which defeats the purpose of an untethered unlock.

I read on one of those sites that you could get data back by dialing either *122 or *112 (two sites saying different things, I assume one is a typo). Then you have to reboot. Is dialing *112 just as "bad" as dialing 112? Does it forward to an emergency number even with the * in front of it?

Maybe it's just me, but the "Gevey" name means nothing to me, so I couldn't care less if something is a "fake Gevey" or a "real Gevey". Up until the original Gevey Turbo SIM, I'd never heard of the name Gevey. I'm about as excited about a "real Gevey" as I am about a "real GPX boombox radio from Wal-mart" or "real Great Value branded cereal". Sometimes, the fake Gevey SIMs improve upon the real Gevey... back when Gevey Pro was the best they had, the fake Gevey Pros worked better, didn't need SIM cutting, and didn't drain the battery. Then the fake Gevey Supreme, Pro Plus, and GeveyPass, although not as good as the Gevey Ultra, were still better than the real Gevey Pro. I don't understand why the fakes use the Gevey name rather than coming up with their own because "Gevey" isn't exactly a household name, but I guess that's how things work in China.

I'll probably stick to my fake Gevey Pro for awhile longer. Dialing 112 is really not as big of a deal as people make it out to be since the call never connects, and I have gone HOURS without a signal and never once been forced to redo the procedure. I always get my EDGE data connection back automatically as well. The only time I've ever had to redo the procedure is when I had to reboot my phone once when I installed a Cydia app, and a few times I wanted to use my SIM card in a different phone. I imagine in the next few weeks, fake Gevey Ultras will come out that either work the same or better, and won't require SIM cutting.

I'll completely disagree with you on this. Gevey Supreme Yellow are advertised and sold with full disclosure that data will not be there when you reboot the iPhone. I think it is very convenient that if your phone dies or you reboot the phone, it’ll at least have voice and text capabilities without the activations steps. All Gevey’s don’t always activate on the first try and having automatic voice and text is more important than data. Pulling the tray out is a small inconvenience and I’m sure that is a way around it. The best feature on them in that they re-start the signal search sequence automatically which saves me a lot of time (I repair and unlock iPhones for a living).
    THEY DO NOT LOSE SIGNAL AFTER COUPLE DAYS. I’ve sold a ton of yellow Supreme and there are no complaints on signal loss.

The new Gevey Supreme Red have the menu after every reboot and you do not have to pull the sim tray out. I’ll figure out their data sequence today.

I’m getting a batch of Ultra’s today. I’ll test them out this afternoon and see how they perform. I don’t expect much out of them because they should be exactly as the original Gevey with a software that automates the activation process. They should still have all of the same issues that Gevey have and some of my customers do not want to jailbreak their phones.
    Last edited by jbounce; 2011-06-22 at 05:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The point I was trying to make earlier is that whether its real or fake the process still has to be done either way and its never gonna be perfect but the goal is to make it more simple. Some people don't mind manually doing the process while other would rather have it done automatically. Its a matter of preference and price really.

does the lose data only affect 3g or wifi too

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    I read on one of those sites that you could get data back by dialing either *122 or *112 (two sites saying different things, I assume one is a typo). Then you have to reboot. Is dialing *112 just as "bad" as dialing 112? Does it forward to an emergency number even with the * in front of it?

Maybe it's just me, but the "Gevey" name means nothing to me, so I couldn't care less if something is a "fake Gevey" or a "real Gevey". Up until the original Gevey Turbo SIM, I'd never heard of the name Gevey. I'm about as excited about a "real Gevey" as I am about a "real GPX boombox radio from Wal-mart" or "real Great Value branded cereal". Sometimes, the fake Gevey SIMs improve upon the real Gevey... back when Gevey Pro was the best they had, the fake Gevey Pros worked better, didn't need SIM cutting, and didn't drain the battery. Then the fake Gevey Supreme, Pro Plus, and GeveyPass, although not as good as the Gevey Ultra, were still better than the real Gevey Pro. I don't understand why the fakes use the Gevey name rather than coming up with their own because "Gevey" isn't exactly a household name, but I guess that's how things work in China.

I'll probably stick to my fake Gevey Pro for awhile longer. Dialing 112 is really not as big of a deal as people make it out to be since the call never connects, and I have gone HOURS without a signal and never once been forced to redo the procedure. I always get my EDGE data connection back automatically as well. The only time I've ever had to redo the procedure is when I had to reboot my phone once when I installed a Cydia app, and a few times I wanted to use my SIM card in a different phone. I imagine in the next few weeks, fake Gevey Ultras will come out that either work the same or better, and won't require SIM cutting.
    Yeah, the gevey name does nothing for me either. But when it comes to quality, imo, gevey ultra is much better than gevey supreme.

I was questioning whether I should just wait a couple weeks and get a fake gevey ultra (but as of right now I only have gevey supremes and I canít stand either of them, so Iím starting to the think the extra $20 might be worth it to save myself a few weeks of waiting, while using this POS gevey supreme). I canít imagine gevey ultra is going to be very difficult to copy. The new sim is pretty much the same thing as the old sim. The only real difference is that there is now a software program you download through cydia that automates the 112 process for you. Honestly, I bet gevey could have done this where the existing gevey products were able to download that furios deb file and auto-unlock their phones, but they just decided against that because this way they get another $30 /person for these sims.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I believe its only your carrier's data network from what I have read. You basically have to redo 112 process again to get your data network settings working again.

Quote Originally Posted by jbounce View Post
    I'll completely disagree with you on this. Gevey Supreme Yellow are advertised and sold with full disclosure that data will not be there when you reboot the iPhone. I think it is very convenient that if your phone dies or you reboot the phone, it’ll at least have voice and text capabilities without the activations steps. All Gevey’s don’t always activate on the first try and having automatic voice and text is more important than data. Pulling the tray out is a small inconvenience and I’m sure that is a way around it. The best feature on them in that they re-start the signal search sequence automatically which saves me a lot of time (I repair and unlock iPhones for a living).
    THEY DO NOT LOSE SIGNAL AFTER COUPLE DAYS. I’ve sold a ton of yellow Supreme and there are no complaints on signal loss.

The new Gevey Supreme Red have the menu after every reboot and you do not have to pull the sim tray out. I’ll figure out their data sequence today.

I’m getting a batch of Ultra’s today. I’ll test them out this afternoon and see how they perform. I don’t expect much out of them because they should be exactly as the original Gevey with a software that automates the activation process. They should still have all of the same issues that Gevey have and some of my customers do not want to jailbreak their phones.
    Well of course you completely disagree with me, you sell this crap…

Most ebay sellers don’t disclose that the data will not be there when you reboot the phone. Even gevey.us doesn’t openly say this. All they have is the line that says “dial *122 and reboot for data.” Some ebay sellers state that you can simply put the yellow gevey supreme in your phone and it will find a signal, but you may have to dial 112 ONCE to enable data. Then gevey.us has that ridiculous video where the guy simply puts the gevey supreme into his phone and it fully unlocks without ever dialing 112. Furthermore, right on the package it says “without any operation.” Without any operation? Are you f*cking kidding me? How is having to dial 112 the first time and every time thereafter that you want to use data (and WTF is the point of having an iphone without data?) somehow “without any operation”?

What’s even more ridiculous is that I have an email directly from gevey.us from a couple weeks ago stating that you NEVER need to dial 112 with the gevey supreme in the red packaging (trying to solicit me a pre-order on their sims). Many ebay sellers are advertising it as such as well right now. But right on the gevey.us website, you can clearly see that you still need to dial 112. And if it is like the gevey supreme yellow, that means it will not automatically find a signal when you reboot a few days after you unlock it (making the ability to reboot pointless because, realistically, you are not going to typically need to reboot in less than a couple days).

Honestly, gevey supreme in the yellow packing is the biggest POS ever. If you are like 99.9% of iphone users that want to use their iphones WITH DATA, then gevey supreme is so much more of a hassle than simple just getting a regular gevey pro. Because with gevey pro, you at least get the menu every time you reboot and don’t have to deal with pulling out the sim (and 99.9% of people are NOT going to use their iPhones WITHOUT DATA – this is just dumb to suggest that people want to do this).

You’re correct- “THEY DO NOT [automatically] LOSE SIGNAL AFTER COUPLE DAYS.” BUT, if you REBOOT the phone more than a couple days after unlocking it, then it will NOT automatically find a signal, and you have to pull out the sim tray to get the menu, and then go through the hassle of the unlocking procedure. And I have 2 gevey supremes and they both have this issue. The gevey supreme is complete utter crap. You’re seriously better off just getting a fake gevey pro for $4 off ebay because at least with those you don’t have to deal with this not getting the welcome menu at start up crap.
    Last edited by weaksos1; 2011-06-23 at 12:09 AM.

what type of data in lost

i dont know what you guys are talking about

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liteon6x View Post
    what type of data in lost

i dont know what you guys are talking about
    You dont get any internet (3g or Edge) when you reboot. After the initial 112 process you have internet. When you reboot you just get signal for calls and sms. You have to redo the 112 process to get your internet back.

I found this off one of the websites I was looking at:
    The first time when you’re using Supreme, you NEED to do the unlocking steps like the original Turbo SIM.
    The next time when you reboot the iPhone, you won’t need to repeat the steps anymore. However, data (internet) will not work. To resolve this, you need to dial *112, end the call after 2-3 seconds, reboot the phone. Then repeat the 112 unlocking steps.

So, on the Gevey Supreme (or Pro Plus), when you dial *112 and reboot, you don't automatically get data back, you have to REPEAT the 112 unlocking steps?

I agree with weaksos, I always want a data connection active. Granted, I don't use a ton of data so EDGE is okay with me, but I DO use it everytime I use my phone. So if what you guys say about Gevey Supreme is true, it seems like it's much worse than my fake Gevey Pro because to restore mobile data, I'd have to reboot TWICE, once to do *112 and a 2nd time to do regular 112.

What about the GeveyPass? Its claim to fame is that it you only have to do 112 once, and supposedly it will restore voice, text AND data after a reboot.

I do think a fake Gevey Ultra is probably on the horizon. In principle, it sounds very simple... just regular Gevey Pro style operation with a software app dialing 112 for you in the background. Only thing I worry about is whether this app is going to be reliable enough to hang up soon enough that the call doesn't connect. Sometimes I have trust issues with automation!

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    So, on the Gevey Supreme (or Pro Plus), when you dial *112 and reboot, you don't automatically get data back, you have to REPEAT the 112 unlocking steps?

I agree with weaksos, I always want a data connection active. Granted, I don't use a ton of data so EDGE is okay with me, but I DO use it everytime I use my phone. So if what you guys say about Gevey Supreme is true, it seems like it's much worse than my fake Gevey Pro because to restore mobile data, I'd have to reboot TWICE, once to do *112 and a 2nd time to do regular 112.

What about the GeveyPass? Its claim to fame is that it you only have to do 112 once, and supposedly it will restore voice, text AND data after a reboot.

I do think a fake Gevey Ultra is probably on the horizon. In principle, it sounds very simple... just regular Gevey Pro style operation with a software app dialing 112 for you in the background. Only thing I worry about is whether this app is going to be reliable enough to hang up soon enough that the call doesn't connect. Sometimes I have trust issues with automation!
    Actually it's worse than you think. I have gevey supreme and the *112 thing doesn't really do much. Pretty much you reboot and you either have carrier signal or not (depending on how much time it's been since the last time u rebooted). Either way you don't have data. The only way to get the welcome menu ever on the gevey supreme in the yellow packaging is to pull the sim tray out and put it back in. So that's an additional step (and u cant unlock the phone without that menu) This additional step is a huge hassle if you need to do the procedure while driving or while you are just out.

EDIT- I think fake gevey ultra is coming. It's probably worth waiting for if already have gevey pro.. I only have gevey supreme, and I can't stand it - I find myself having to reboot my phone for some reason or another every 2-3 days, so I just bought a real one. I figure the extra $20 to avoid having to use this POS gevey supreme for 2-3 more weeks is well worth it IMO
    Last edited by weaksos1; 2011-06-24 at 05:47 AM.

Default Gevey Supreme yellow package
    Actually it's worse than you think. I have gevey supreme and the *112 thing doesn't really do much. Pretty much you reboot and you either have carrier signal or not (depending on how much time it's been since the last time u rebooted). Either way you don't have data. The only way to get the welcome menu ever on the gevey supreme in the yellow packaging is to pull the sim tray out and put it back in. So that's an additional step (and u cant unlock the phone without that menu) This additional step is a huge hassle if you need to do the procedure while driving or while you are just out.

EDIT- I think fake gevey ultra is coming. It's probably worth waiting for if already have gevey pro.. I only have gevey supreme, and I can't stand it - I find myself having to reboot my phone for some reason or another every 2-3 days, so I just bought a real one. I figure the extra $20 to avoid having to use this POS gevey supreme for 2-3 more weeks is well worth it IMO
    I purchased the yellow package Gevey Supreme. It took me 30 mins to try and get a signal. You still have to dial 112 for 2 seconds contrary to what the reseller tells you.

Regarding the data part, i launched safari on two occassions and it told me to turn on data roaming and i get back my E symbol for edge network with t-mobile, so you do not have to dial 112 a second time. I paid $56.50 for mine at a cell store in a mall. :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast