Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Supreme (Pro Plus)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shell555 View Post
    I purchased the yellow package Gevey Supreme. It took me 30 mins to try and get a signal. You still have to dial 112 for 2 seconds contrary to what the reseller tells you.

Regarding the data part, i launched safari on two occassions and it told me to turn on data roaming and i get back my E symbol for edge network with t-mobile, so you do not have to dial 112 a second time. I paid $56.50 for mine at a cell store in a mall. :-(
    If you can, could you make a video showing data working with the yellow package gevey supreme after a reboot. This is something that still has not been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shell555 View Post
    I purchased the yellow package Gevey Supreme. It took me 30 mins to try and get a signal. You still have to dial 112 for 2 seconds contrary to what the reseller tells you.
    Yeah, there are a lot of bugs with gevey supreme. It takes me about 30 mins to unlock it as well, if I pull the sim out to unlock it. Sometimes you'll put the sim in and you'll get a "sim failure" right away; sometimes you'll get the menu to come up and then you'll get "no sim installed" before you even get a chance to dial 112; sometimes everything will work properly, it will unlock for 45 seconds and then the signal will drop and you'll get another "no sim installed' notification followed by a "sim failure" notification. It's really annoying, and both the gevey supremes I have those issues.

The best work around I've found is to download the ultrasn0w deb. Put it on your iphone. Use ifile to install it after you reboot (after this you'll get the welcome menu if you wait- BUT don't do this because if you leave ultrasn0w installed, you'll experience battery drainage issues - like 30% of your battery will drain overnight). After installing ultrasn0w via ifile, quickly go into cydia --> packages and remove the ultrasn0w package and respring before the welcome menu comes up. Then if all goes right, you'll get the welcome menu to show up, and you can unlock it through the normal 112 dialing process. If you pull the welcome menu up this way (without removing the sim), 9 times out of 10 you won't get all the errors and will be able to get through the entire unlock process without an error. But about 50% of the you'll drop signal after 45 seconds of unlocking the phone. The times you drop signal, you just have to go back through this whole process of installing and uninstalling ultrasn0w + the 112 dialing process...

Honestly, gevey supreme just irritates me. The $30 for gevey ultra feels like it was well worth the money after dealing this **** I just mentioned for the past month (and I find myself having to reboot my phone every couple days for issues unrelated to gevey - usually battery drainage issues).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

As I stated in another thread Gevey Ultra seems to be working just fine with no battery issues (nothing more then normal drainage) and its well worth it than the hassle of everything the gevey supreme puts us through.

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    As I stated in another thread Gevey Ultra seems to be working just fine with no battery issues (nothing more then normal drainage) and its well worth it than the hassle of everything the gevey supreme puts us through.
    I've tested all both versions of gevey supreme (not an actual gevey product) and gevey ultra ( official gevey product). If you want to save some money and go with a supreme (even though I highly recommend the legitimate gevey ultra) get the red supreme as it has the fixed edge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 13001r View Post
    I've tested all both versions of gevey supreme (not an actual gevey product) and gevey ultra ( official gevey product). If you want to save some money and go with a supreme (even though I highly recommend the legitimate gevey ultra) get the red supreme as it has the fixed edge issue.
    I guess it's not really relevant to me anymore because I bought a gevey ultra (from you on ebay), but I was wondering- does the red gevey supreme regain service automatically if you turn off your phone for a 2+ hours (e.g. if your battery dies)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12