Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra Coming Soon

Needs a jailbroken iPhone to which a mobilesubtrate add-on is installed.

Presumably this add-on handles the 112 call for the iPhone.

finally its here.i dont care how it handles. its untethered and thats all i think all of us care about

Default Release date
    When will this be released??

Quote Originally Posted by the0fil0s View Post
    When will this be released??
    It appears to be released already, or will be really soon. This guy is selling them on ebay from the US, and claiming that it's not an imitation: GEVEY Ultra iPhone 4 Unlock Turbo Sim 4.3.3 all version | eBay

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Seems pretty interesting but very questionable. Too bad the Applenberry website is down at the moment.

Default Now available
    The applenberry.com website just updated and they do sell Gevey Ultras. Real Gevey products are not sold on either ebay or amazon.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What's strange is that the video says it supports iOS 5.0b but on the opening screen there's no sign of it and the baseband is upgraded to 04.11.04 with iOS 5. Does that mean it's still compatible?
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-06-21 at 03:28 AM. Reason: added info

The applenberry.com website just updated and they do sell Gevey Ultras. Real Gevey products are not sold on either ebay or amazon.
    That's what they say, but I believe gevey.com and/or applenberry will take bulk orders at a discounted rate, so it's completely possible for someone to buy at a bulk rate and then resell them on ebay or amazon at a lower price than applenberry.

Maybe but there are also imitation gevey products out there that you must be careful for when buying on amazon/ebay.

I read somewhere that the gevey ultra worked on the iOS 5b. However, they cannot guarantee this since iOS 5 is not even out yet. Hopefully it does for for iOS 5

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Maybe but there are also imitation gevey products out there that you must be careful for when buying on amazon/ebay.

I read somewhere that the gevey ultra worked on the iOS 5b. However, they cannot guarantee this since iOS 5 is not even out yet. Hopefully it does for for iOS 5
    I agree. Products like Gevey Supreme aren't real Gevey products and so it can be hard to determine what is genuine and what is fake. The supposed Gevey Supreme unlocks ios 5b but it seems that still requires the use of the 112 dialing method.

so question ? what if we dont buy the gevey ultra and still install that cydia tweak (furious mod) and try to run it. do you think it'd work. ?

Nope. Guys all the mod does is the same 112 process as before but instead of you doing it, its all automated. I still prefer this Gevey over the newer Gevey. No jailbreak required, do the easy set up process and then its untethered. Much easier in my mind.:

-

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Can anybody confirm that the Gevey supreme is a true untethered unlock? This video was posted in another thread and as I stated there it doesn't show anything but the fact that the 112 process works. The Gevey Ultra does the process and seeks out the signal automatically for you.

Quote Originally Posted by psnARMEDps3 View Post
    Nope. Guys all the mod does is the same 112 process as before but instead of you doing it, its all automated. I still prefer this Gevey over the newer Gevey. No jailbreak required, do the easy set up process and then its untethered. Much easier in my mind.:

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Can anybody confirm that the Gevey supreme is a true untethered unlock? This video was posted in another thread and as I stated there it doesn't show anything but the fact that the 112 process works. The Gevey Ultra does the process and seeks out the signal automatically for you.
    Don't buy the gevey supreme. Notice how psnARMEDps3 has a whole 3 posts and the video is plug for some dude who sells these. The sellers of these things are just posting/soliciting their crap on this board now.

The gevey supreme doesn't really work. The biggest issue is that when you reboot your phone, it will keep the signal, but you lose data. This is an issue on every single gevey supreme sold in the yellow packaging. Who wants to use an iphone without data? Seriously, this ability to reboot thing is worthless without data. Secondly, if you reboot more than a couple days after doing the process, the sim won't keep your signal (I don't even understand this). Another HUGE issue is that when you reboot, you never get the welcome menu. So that means if you need to reboot your phone, you need to physically pull the sim tray out of your phone to unlock it again by going through the 112 dialing steps. It's a complete pain in the @ss. The gevey supreme is crap. Gevey.us (the company that is producing these crappy sims) now also sells a gevey supreme in red packaging. Supposedly, those will allow you to keep data when you reboot (i.e. it fixed one of the problems with the gevey supreme in the yellow packaging), but it probably won't keep the signal after a couple days, and you probably also don't get a menu on reboot. Also if you go somewhere where you lose carrier signal for a while, you'll lose your signal and have to go through the unlocking process again (which for these POS's require pulling out the sim tray). Gevey supreme is pretty worthless imo. The ultra sounds like a way better ordeal since it's pretty much an untethered unlock in the sense that you don't have to do anything and it actually goes through the 112 dialing process for you.

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    Don't buy the gevey supreme. Notice how psnARMEDps3 has a whole 3 posts and the video is plug for some dude who sells these. The sellers of these things are just posting/soliciting their crap on this board now.

The gevey supreme doesn't really work. The biggest issue is that when you reboot your phone, it will keep the signal, but you lose data. This is an issue on every single gevey supreme sold in the yellow packaging. Who wants to use an iphone without data? Seriously, this ability to reboot thing is worthless without data. Secondly, if you reboot more than a couple days after doing the process, the sim won't keep your signal (I don't even understand this). Another HUGE issue is that when you reboot, you never get the welcome menu. So that means if you need to reboot your phone, you need to physically pull the sim tray out of your phone to unlock it again by going through the 112 dialing steps. It's a complete pain in the @ss. The gevey supreme is crap. Gevey.us (the company that is producing these crappy sims) now also sells a gevey supreme in red packaging. Supposedly, those will allow you to keep data when you reboot (i.e. it fixed one of the problems with the gevey supreme in the yellow packaging), but it probably won't keep the signal after a couple days, and you probably also don't get a menu on reboot. Also if you go somewhere where you lose carrier signal for a while, you'll lose your signal and have to go through the unlocking process again (which for these POS's require pulling out the sim tray). Gevey supreme is pretty worthless imo. The ultra sounds like a way better ordeal since it's pretty much an untethered unlock in the sense that you don't have to do anything and it actually goes through the 112 dialing process for you.
    I've replied in the other post about Gevey Supreme Red as well. I hate to see misinformation spread all over the internet that confuses the users and makes applenberry's propaganda look good.

I'll completely disagree with you on this. Gevey Supreme Yellow are advertised and sold with full disclosure that data will not be there when you reboot the iPhone. I think it is very convenient that if your phone dies or you reboot the phone, it’ll at least have voice and text capabilities without the activations steps. All Gevey’s don’t always activate on the first try and having automatic voice and text is more important than data. Pulling the tray out is a small inconvenience and I’m sure that is a way around it. The best feature on them in that they re-start the signal search sequence automatically which saves me a lot of time (I repair and unlock iPhones for a living).
    THEY DO NOT LOSE SIGNAL AFTER COUPLE DAYS. I’ve sold a ton of yellow Supreme and there are no complaints on signal loss.
    The new Gevey Supreme Red have the menu after every reboot and you do not have to pull the sim tray out. I’ll figure out their data sequence today.

I’m getting a batch of Ultra’s today. I’ll test them out this afternoon and see how they perform. I don’t expect much out of them because they should be exactly as the original Gevey with a software that automates the activation process. They should still have all of the same issues that Gevey have and some of my customers do not want to jailbreak their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by jbounce View Post
    I've replied in the other post about Gevey Supreme Red as well. I hate to see misinformation spread all over the internet that confuses the users and makes applenberry's propaganda look good.

I'll completely disagree with you on this. Gevey Supreme Yellow are advertised and sold with full disclosure that data will not be there when you reboot the iPhone. I think it is very convenient that if your phone dies or you reboot the phone, it’ll at least have voice and text capabilities without the activations steps. All Gevey’s don’t always activate on the first try and having automatic voice and text is more important than data. Pulling the tray out is a small inconvenience and I’m sure that is a way around it. The best feature on them in that they re-start the signal search sequence automatically which saves me a lot of time (I repair and unlock iPhones for a living).
    THEY DO NOT LOSE SIGNAL AFTER COUPLE DAYS. I’ve sold a ton of yellow Supreme and there are no complaints on signal loss.
    The new Gevey Supreme Red have the menu after every reboot and you do not have to pull the sim tray out. I’ll figure out their data sequence today.

I’m getting a batch of Ultra’s today. I’ll test them out this afternoon and see how they perform. I don’t expect much out of them because they should be exactly as the original Gevey with a software that automates the activation process. They should still have all of the same issues that Gevey have and some of my customers do not want to jailbreak their phones.
    Not trying to further "applenberry propaganda" (in fact, I think applenberry is a ripoff), but I am stating that the new gevey supreme (yellow) is worthless garbage, and that people are better off just buying a fake gevey pro for $4 than the gevey surpeme.

Well of course you completely disagree with me, you sell this crap…

Most ebay sellers don’t disclose that the data will not be there when you reboot the phone. Even gevey.us doesn’t openly say this. All they have is the line that says “dial *122 and reboot for data.” Some ebay sellers state that you can simply put the yellow gevey supreme in your phone and it will find a signal, but you may have to dial 112 ONCE to enable data. Then gevey.us has that ridiculous video where the guy simply puts the gevey supreme into his phone and it fully unlocks without ever dialing 112. Furthermore, right on the package it says “without any operation.” Without any operation? Are you f*cking kidding me? How is having to dial 112 the first time and every time thereafter that you want to use data (and WTF is the point of having an iphone without data?) somehow “without any operation”?

What’s even more ridiculous is that I have an email directly from gevey.us from a couple weeks ago stating that you NEVER need to dial 112 with the gevey supreme in the red packaging (trying to solicit me a pre-order on their sims). Many ebay sellers are advertising it as such as well right now. But right on the gevey.us website, you can clearly see that you still need to dial 112. And if it is like the gevey supreme yellow, that means it will not automatically find a signal when you reboot a few days after you unlock it (making the ability to reboot pointless because, realistically, you are not going to typically need to reboot in less than a couple days).

Honestly, gevey supreme in the yellow packing is the biggest POS ever. If you are like 99.9% of iphone users that want to use their iphones WITH DATA, then gevey supreme is so much more of a hassle than simple just getting a regular gevey pro. Because with gevey pro, you at least get the menu every time you reboot and don’t have to deal with pulling out the sim (and 99.9% of people are NOT going to use their iPhones WITHOUT DATA – this is just dumb to suggest that people want to do this).

You’re correct- “THEY DO NOT [automatically] LOSE SIGNAL AFTER COUPLE DAYS.” BUT, if you REBOOT the phone more than a couple days after unlocking it, then it will NOT automatically find a signal, and you have to pull out the sim tray to get the menu, and then go through the hassle of the unlocking procedure. And I have 2 gevey supremes and they both have this issue. The gevey supreme is complete utter crap. You’re seriously better off just getting a fake gevey pro for $4 off ebay because at least with those you don’t have to deal with this not getting the welcome menu at start up crap.
    Last edited by weaksos1; 2011-06-23 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    Not trying to further "applenberry propaganda" (in fact, I think applenberry is a ripoff), but I am stating that the new gevey supreme (yellow) is worthless garbage, and that people are better off just buying a fake gevey pro for $4 than the gevey surpeme.

Well of course you completely disagree with me, you sell this crap…

Most ebay sellers don’t disclose that the data will not be there when you reboot the phone. Even gevey.us doesn’t openly say this. All they have is the line that says “dial *122 and reboot for data.” Some ebay sellers state that you can simply put the yellow gevey supreme in your phone and it will find a signal, but you may have to dial 112 ONCE to enable data. Then gevey.us has that ridiculous video where the guy simply puts the gevey supreme into his phone and it fully unlocks without ever dialing 112. Furthermore, right on the package it says “without any operation.” Without any operation? Are you f*cking kidding me? How is having to dial 112 the first time and every time thereafter that you want to use data (and WTF is the point of having an iphone without data?) somehow “without any operation”?

What’s even more ridiculous is that I have an email directly from gevey.us from a couple weeks ago stating that you NEVER need to dial 112 with the gevey supreme in the red packaging (trying to solicit me a pre-order on their sims). Many ebay sellers are advertising it as such as well right now. But right on the gevey.us website, you can clearly see that you still need to dial 112. And if it is like the gevey supreme yellow, that means it will not automatically find a signal when you reboot a few days after you unlock it (making the ability to reboot pointless because, realistically, you are not going to typically need to reboot in less than a couple days).

Honestly, gevey supreme in the yellow packing is the biggest POS ever. If you are like 99.9% of iphone users that want to use their iphones WITH DATA, then gevey supreme is so much more of a hassle than simple just getting a regular gevey pro. Because with gevey pro, you at least get the menu every time you reboot and don’t have to deal with pulling out the sim (and 99.9% of people are NOT going to use their iPhones WITHOUT DATA – this is just dumb to suggest that people want to do this).

You’re correct- “THEY DO NOT [automatically] LOSE SIGNAL AFTER COUPLE DAYS.” BUT, if you REBOOT the phone more than a couple days after unlocking it, then it will NOT automatically find a signal, and you have to pull out the sim tray to get the menu, and then go through the hassle of the unlocking procedure. And I have 2 gevey supremes and they both have this issue. The gevey supreme is complete utter crap. You’re seriously better off just getting a fake gevey pro for $4 off ebay because at least with those you don’t have to deal with this not getting the welcome menu at start up crap.
    I sell them locally and if I misrepresent functionality of an item, guess what happens, the customer returns to the store and I'll have to straighten everything out. This isn't eBay where sellers write anything they want and just paypal you the money back if anything goes wrong. I get people coming in every day bringing back their eBay Gevey's that they purchased to trade-in for Supreme or at least a working one. I have not seen dropped signal issues that you described; either way, we are switching over to Supreme Plus Red.