Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Gevey Sim Work with 3gs?

Quote Originally Posted by MSFLFC View Post
    However, looking at the Gevey Ultra sim card tray and sim card I can't work out how that Gevey sim would fit into a 3GS sim tray (even with an adapter) as the Gevey sim doesn't look like it can be cut?
    You don't cut the Gevey, you cut your fullsize SIM into a microSIM. Then it fits on the Gevey. Make a microSIM to fullsize adapter and notch your new adapter to fit the Gevey chip. Use tape around the sides to hold it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Make a microSIM to fullsize adapter and notch your new adapter to fit the Gevey chip. Use tape around the sides to hold it all together.
    Thanks for replying.

I have a microsim already. I also have an adapter that makes that microsim fit into a 3GS sim tray (so in effect it transforms the microsim to a normal sim).

It what I do here I can't work out / picture for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MSFLFC View Post
    Thanks for replying.

I have a microsim already. I also have an adapter that makes that microsim fit into a 3GS sim tray (so in effect it transforms the microsim to a normal sim).

It what I do here I can't work out / picture for me.
    Maybe this will help? Here is what I did, and I can confirm the adapter setup works because the phone is able to read my SIM's ICCID through the Gevey.

Here you can see my MicroSIM in a home-made adapter that has a notch cut out for the Gevey chip.
    -img_1046.jpg

This is the underside. Clear tape works fine to affix the Gevey to the adapter. Just don't cover the gold contacts.
    -img_1048.jpg

This is what it looks like when I remove my microSIM from the adapter with Gevey attached.
    -img_1049.jpg

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Maybe this will help? Here is what I did, and I can confirm the adapter setup works because the phone is able to read my SIM's ICCID through the Gevey.

Here you can see my MicroSIM in a home-made adapter that has a notch cut out for the Gevey chip.
    -img_1046.jpg

This is the underside. Clear tape works fine to affix the Gevey to the adapter. Just don't cover the gold contacts.
    -img_1048.jpg

This is what it looks like when I remove my microSIM from the adapter with Gevey attached.
    -img_1049.jpg

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.
    So does this mean that it will work in a 3GS?

Quote Originally Posted by CoopaTroopa View Post
    So does this mean that it will work in a 3GS?
    No, that was how I confirmed it would NOT work in a 3GS. At least, my fake Gevey Pro wouldn't. Maybe some other Gevey could?

Default Well ? Is it working ?
    Quote Originally Posted by fraikonz View Post
    yea that makes sense, doesnt really hurt to try
    I am following this discussion for quite a while
    I have the same problem as you do 3GS with 4.3.3 AT&T locked iPhone
    I too am reluctant to install iPad BB
    Any progress with this important experiment with the non fake gevey part ?
    Thanks

I tried Gevey Pro(from ebay..) on my 3Gs BB 05.16.02 iOS 4.3.3. It DOES NOT WORK. All steps are OK, but last and most important step - connect to carrier - does not work..
    I'm tired of waiting, I'll install iPad BB and use it with BTStack+GPS Receiver..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12