View Poll Results: What did you use to unlock your iPhone?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • iUnlock

88 35.77%
  • Anysim

134 54.47%
  • Other

24 9.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iUnlock or Anysim

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just want to know what I used lol. When the first free unlock was released by the Dev Team, the following morning is when I performed the 1.0.2 unlock following the guide here on mmi. I'm not sure which method it was. The anySIM GUI hadn't been released yet, so by default, did I use the iUnlock method?

I've searched the forums, but I don't think I'm wording my search correctly (if this question has already been asked).

Thanks in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
    Just want to know what I used lol. When the first free unlock was released by the Dev Team, the following morning is when I performed the 1.0.2 unlock following the guide here on mmi. I'm not sure which method it was. The anySIM GUI hadn't been released yet, so by default, did I use the iUnlock method?

I've searched the forums, but I don't think I'm wording my search correctly (if this question has already been asked).

Thanks in advance.
    thats wat I did with my own iphone, but after that I just use anysim much easier
     Think Different

i used anysim and got a error message saying firmware already patched anysim will now quit ? wat do i ned to do to unlock it ?

the MMi "unlock.app" = iUnlock? or is it something completely different than AnySIM and iUnlock?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scandals View Post
    the MMi "unlock.app" = iUnlock? or is it something completely different than AnySIM and iUnlock?
    I've read in multiple searches that anySIM is the GUI version of iUnlock. But I believe they both have different UI's. If anyone could shed some light on the situation, or even post a link somewhere, I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Well I unlocked 30 of them with a pre-anysim method and then unlocked the next 30 with anysim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm assuming that iUnlock is the method outlined in the 4 part guide for OS X.
    If so then that was the method I used.

iUnlock is Unlock.app. Look here:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/11/i...ne-sim-unlock/

Look familiar? That's iUnlock. It was on the four-part guide for OS X unlocking in the Wiki here, too.

Now, if only I could figure out the upgrade path from iUnlock 1.0.2 to IPSF 1.1.1...

anysim ftw!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am trying to use anysim but it's telling me that it's failed. I've jailbroken the iphone and downloaded anysim, clicked through everything and waited for it to unlock my phone.

The load bar goes all the way to the end before it flashes a message, "cannot load seckpak data" or something like that before saying "Please Restart your iPhone, anySIM cannot unlock this phone, anySIM will now quit..."

Anyone experienced that?

I am stuck excatly where you are myfriend I have unlockd like 50 Iphones and now some idiot brought me 2 Iphones, upgraded them etc and when using anysim they both give you the could not load sec data...

any hints out there~?

Default ANYSim keeps losing its religion
    Hi

Thanks all for a great site with lots of help for people like me ... I have a question, in fact 2: I have unlocked my 1.0.2 with anySim and it worked great until I rebooted my iphone after installing some Apps. now I turn it back on and it shows "Incorrect SIM, Please connect to iTunes to reactivate iPhone" - which is really weird. I tried clicking on "AnySIM" on my springboard - it goes through the motions but still this incorrect SIM message.
    Question 2: My Installer doesn't have an add button in sources so I can't do the i.unlock method.

OK 3 questions. If I upgrade to 1.1.1 will my SIM need to be unlocked again (that's if I ever get it to work again.

Thanks for any help that you can give on this. For info I am in France on SFR network. FM:1.0.2 (1C28), IMEI: 0112*********

That's because you didn't patch/ overwrite the lockdownd file!

Parce que tu dois aussi monter le dossier lowckdownd!
    Last edited by elfribo; 2007-11-27 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, but how should I do this - can you give me an idea of how to do this please.

Merci, mais peux tu m'indiquer comment faire s'il te plaît?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chief3960 For This Useful Post:

elfribo (2007-11-27)

Tu vas a la section downloads en haut a droite de cette page tu downloads lockdownd
    apres tu unzip apres ca tu installs BSD subsystem et openSSH ( utilisant Installer app) apres tu uses cyberduck ou fugu pour rentrer dans le systeme de to Iphone, je pense que tu sais comment, et tu mets lowckdownd dand libexe.

IUNLock is dead.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Banned
    Thanks

Sim Free!!!

Anysim+Simfree FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

i have just bought an iphone. it's version 1.1.2 firmware 04.02.13_G and i don no wat to do first...:-S need help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast