Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (How to) Unlock iPhone 4 with o2

edit..
    Last edited by sfkassem; 2011-08-30 at 08:09 AM.

I have been trying to unlock my AT&T iPhone 4 for 3 months. Apparently your phone won't register on O2 Network while roaming on AT&T or TMobile in the United States.

I wonder when the folks posting on here will realise they are more than likely wasting their time. From reading this thread only kamu and ultraviolet had success. In the case of kamu he has an original O2 phone and hence no surprise there, in the case of ultraviolet he got lucky with a CSR in the days when they were not checking IMEI origination carefully.

O2 reviewed their procedures a long time ago when they realised what was going on. I tried this procedure months ago and got rejected by O2 for not having an O2 phone. In my case I have an ATT phone which is unlocked with ultrasnow. I have a contract with O2 and use this phone on the O2 network for at least six months of the year when I am in the UK and hence have a track record of hundreds of call on the O2 network and still had no success.

Those that are jumping through hoops to get O2 SIMS and putting credit on them you are just wasting your time.

My plan is to get the new phone when it is released from O2 get it unlocked and then I can use it both in the US and UK with no problems.

I have also given up on unlocking my AT&T iPhone 4 via O2. It wouldn't surprise me when you live chat with O2 it tells them your ip address is outside Europe. Has anyone tried using carriers in Canada!

i think nebo1ss is right

I can now officially confirm that this will NOT work with anyone not owning an O2 locked phone. You may be able to do it (with the correct attitude towards the CSR's) without paying the 15 pound fee on pay&go but EVERY request is being checked thoroughly and they are verifying the origin of the IMEI. I received an email saying that my request had been put through but it was reject because my phone was on "Telus" which is exactly correct. So this is dead sorry guys

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456