Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: (How to) Unlock iPhone 4 with o2

  1. #81
    just spent half hour talking to O2 chat person, said i bought phone on ebay and lived in USA with no O2 sim in phone, she said they wouldnt unlock phone unless O2 sim was in phone and had number linked with IMEI, what am i doing wrong?

    did you have a UK phone number linked to iphone that you had to give them?
    Last edited by soooyq; 2011-08-23 at 09:55 AM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by soooyq View Post
    just spent half hour talking to O2 chat person, said i bought phone on ebay and lived in USA with no O2 sim in phone, she said they wouldnt unlock phone unless O2 sim was in phone and had number linked with IMEI, what am i doing wrong?

    did you have a UK phone number linked to iphone that you had to give them?
    U shud never tell u bought the phone on eBay. Tell them u travelled to UK and bought the phone from there and now u r back to your home country. U dont have the o2 sim with u currently.. and be gentle in requesting. Try talking to different operator. The main advantage i had was that I knew my phone was locked to O2 UK. (asked the dealer when i bought the phone and also confirmed via model number). So my imei wud be their in the o2 database. Try to talk around. Its all social engineering.

  3. #83
    congrats but the fact your iphone's IMEI number orgin probably says UK, you have a better chance of getting O2's csr to unlock your phone. to find your IMEI call *#06#

    google IMEI lookup and you can find the origin of your phone.

  4. #84
    my iphone 4 is locked to AT&T, i didnt think that would show up when i gave my IMEI to O2 chat person, i just kinda faked it that my iphone was O2.I couldnt think of a way i could explain getting an iphone from O2 without a sim.So the fact that your phone was locked to a real O2 network is the reason you got unlocked then. I was beginning to think i was getting somewhere, oh well!

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by soooyq View Post
    my iphone 4 is locked to AT&T, i didnt think that would show up when i gave my IMEI to O2 chat person, i just kinda faked it that my iphone was O2.I couldnt think of a way i could explain getting an iphone from O2 without a sim.So the fact that your phone was locked to a real O2 network is the reason you got unlocked then. I was beginning to think i was getting somewhere, oh well!
    Doesnt really matter if its locked to O2 or not. It also depends on the CSR you are talking to as well as how you manage to talk to them. Without being harsh, you need to tell them that you are disappointed that they cant help you. Claim that you were using the phone on the O2 network when you were in UK but now you are using a different network. The unlocking team is different from the CSR team which is probably outsourced to India or somewhere. Chances are that if you convince them completely, they might not ask the unlocking team to check if the IMEI was registered to O2. And the unlocking team will have to unlock once the CSR gives them a go ahead. Even in the case that my phone was locked to O2/ came from UK, they could have asked me to use a sim and deduct 15 GBP (which was told to me the first time I spoke to a CSR). It took me 3 attempts to get this done and a sweet CSR to listen to my problem.. All the best in getting your phone unlocked.

  6. #86
    kamer4u,

    your right.. if you find the right CSR, they can unlock for you regardless of IMEI origin. but since the alot of folks were abusing O2 several months ago.. seems like they changed there procedures which includes verifying IMEI origin before unlocking. if the origin of your iphone is from UK area, they are more likely to unlock for you. i was one of the lucky ones who had an ATT locked iphone with IMEI origin (north america). they either didnt check my IMEI origin or they didnt care. i never spoke to the CSR, but only chatted. i tried several CSR's (before they unlocked my iphones).

    so.. bottom line, will a CSR unlock you. yes. just got to find the right one. plus it helps if your IMEI origin is UK and not north america.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    congrats but the fact your iphone's IMEI number orgin probably says UK, you have a better chance of getting O2's csr to unlock your phone. to find your IMEI call *#06#

    google IMEI lookup and you can find the origin of your phone.
    I dont think IMEI look up tells country of origin. My lookup results just show the primary market as North America. :P

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by kamer4u View Post
    I dont think IMEI look up tells country of origin. My lookup results just show the primary market as North America. :P
    well north america is no where near UK. usually O2 will only unlock if the phone was purchased for the UK O2 network

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    well north america is no where near UK. usually O2 will only unlock if the phone was purchased for the UK O2 network
    I got mine unlocked still

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by kamer4u View Post
    I got mine unlocked still
    so did i and my says north america orgin

  11. #91
    I would gladly pay one of you to do the online chat for me. You appear to have the golden tongue...er...fingers. I couldn't even sweet talk T-Mobile into unlocking one of my T-Mobile branded phones and I'm a customer in good standing and fit every qualification!

  12. #92
    ive tried over 10 times in total. Do you think they remember your telephone number and IMEI every time you try? i tried changing my name with a different email, but it didnt slip through the net.

  13. #93
    I have actually tried several times but have never gotten a popup that says a live rep is available. How do you guys get to the live csr?

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by sfkassem View Post
    I have actually tried several times but have never gotten a popup that says a live rep is available. How do you guys get to the live csr?
    depending on your location, you have to chat with them during there working hours. when i chatted with them it was 10am PST which is ~ 6pm UK time. just make sure pop-up block is off. first chat with Lucy and then type in customer service. a link will pop up that says "contact us"

  15. #95
    when i click on contact us, i just get the normal options of calling, emailing etc, but no live chat.. any ideas?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by sfkassem View Post
    when i click on contact us, i just get the normal options of calling, emailing etc, but no live chat.. any ideas?
    It's either the wrong time of the day or they removed online chat

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by soooyq View Post
    ive tried over 10 times in total. Do you think they remember your telephone number and IMEI every time you try? i tried changing my name with a different email, but it didnt slip through the net.
    I think they do record your IP adress. And yeah IMEI could be recorded too with the phone number.

    Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    I would gladly pay one of you to do the online chat for me. You appear to have the golden tongue...er...fingers. I couldn't even sweet talk T-Mobile into unlocking one of my T-Mobile branded phones and I'm a customer in good standing and fit every qualification!
    Where are you based? And currently which phone do u want to unlock (the same t-mobile one?)..
    Last edited by kamer4u; 2011-08-25 at 11:58 AM.

  18. #98
    What is really strange is that, I filled out the form online, they took the money off my Sim card, but nothing's happened yet.. been almost a month...

  19. #99
    to anyone that has had this successfully done, after speaking to the rep online and having him confirm that he forwarded your request, when did you notice that your phone was unlocked (in hours or days)?

  20. #100
    i chatted with o2 (online chat) ~ 12noon PST and then sync'd it to itunes 9pm that night. it was then unlocked

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •