Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (How to) Unlock iPhone 4 with o2

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    I tried to buy it now an got this response
    Just find a random uk address and ship it there. The actual item is delivered via eBay message so it doesnt matter where you ship, as long as it's in the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by mashirabbit View Post
    It was at Ebay uk. All I did was look for 1 that will ship outside UK.

Try this one. 19.75 credit pre activated for less than 19.75
    Should still have credit left over after you make a call to UK number and 15 for unlocking the phone.

O2 SIM CARD WITH 19.75 CREDIT PRE-LOADED | eBay UK
    i purchased this without reading the details. but its an actual top-up sim card my mistake. i only wanted to top-up and not a top-up sim card. ohh well. i guess this will arrive in the mail in a few days. i found another guy who will top-up only.

Default I have been banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krUnIzZlE3 View Post
    Eh, i've given it a shot without any o2 sim... lets see what happens...

I think he may have submitted my IMEI for unlock since he has said 24 to 48 hours... most say 7 days and thats how you know they are bullshitting you! Ill keep you updated....

I was banned. I chatted about 50 reps and finally they had spread the word in the office about the "crazy iphone unlocking guy" and nobody with talk to me.
    I found one lady but bad luck for me because the unlocking system was down when she finally agreed to unlock it...

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    I was banned. I chatted about 50 reps and finally they had spread the word in the office about the "crazy iphone unlocking guy" and nobody with talk to me.
    I found one lady but bad luck for me because the unlocking system was down when she finally agreed to unlock it...
    Yikes, I hope that doesn't screw up the chances for the rest of us US guys...

but at least you were able to achieve the IMEI unlock

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    but at least you were able to achieve the IMEI unlock
    She actually emailed me. And told me that it cant be done with just imei so I am trying to unlock iPhone number 2 today. I just got my sim and toped up. Now I'm waiting for them...

iPhone? More like MyPhone krUnIzZlE3's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, i am in india otherwise i woulddo this.... i dont have 1200 RS (Indian Currency) to spend at the moment... sucks ***...
    AT&T iPhone 4 Officially Unlocked

*Color: Black
    *Capacity: 32GB
    *Software Version: 5.0.1
    *Jailbroken -------------------------- ./
    *Bootloader: 1.59.00
    *Unlocked --------------------------- ./
    **Press Tha "Thanks" Button if I've Helped You!**

wow, i am in india otherwise i woulddo this.... i dont have 1200 RS (Indian Currency) to spend at the moment... sucks ***...
    1200 Rupees is like $30USD isn't it? I would think that someone who can afford to buy a $500ish phone could afford to spare $30... Unless you're too young to earn your own income

I don't mean to offend. I just have a don't see how being in India is relevant

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    1200 Rupees is like $30USD isn't it? I would think that someone who can afford to buy a $500ish phone could afford to spare $30... Unless you're too young to earn your own income

I don't mean to offend. I just have a don't see how being in India is relevant

Actually, Im a student right now, i cant work here in india. My parents wont let me.. i used to buy my own things in the USA with my own money as i could work and study at the same time... but the problem is my parents wont let me work here.... I only have 1 year left of college so i guess its not that bad... And im on a strict weekly allowance which gets me by barely.... im not offended.. dont worry.. lol.

Still no luck for me. Rep initially said 3 days, but it's been 4 and so far nothing. I contacted another representative today, and it turns out that my iphone's IMEI isn't registered onto O2's network even though I made a couple calls and received a few texts from them. He said to make another call, wait 24 hours, and try contacting them again... which is just what I'll do. Guess I'll also leave the O2 sim in this phone for that time period too

Default Same here
    Still no luck for me. Rep initially said 3 days, but it's been 4 and so far nothing. I contacted another representative today, and it turns out that my iphone's IMEI isn't registered onto O2's network even though I made a couple calls and received a few texts from them. He said to make another call, wait 24 hours, and try contacting them again... which is just what I'll do. Guess I'll also leave the O2 sim in this phone for that time period too
    I am having the same problem. It won't let me register my phone on the network (they might have closed some hole?) I have no idea. But the opinion is differed with every rep that I talk to because some say that it can be registered when the phone is roaming, some day that it can't. So I have no idea what to do at this point. I have made calls and waited with the sim in the phone for 24 hours but it just won't register. Any ideas?

Default Unlock via Vodafone
    I am trying to get my At&t Iphone unlock via vodafone, so far they said will text me back in 48 hours.

If it works out, I'll post steps to get it done.

First email response from Vodafone

Hello edit,

Thank you for writing to Vodafone Customer Support.

Let me certainly help you. I understand from your email that you wish to unlock your handset so that you can use it with another network.

To use your phone with another service provider's SIM you need to unlock your phone with a NUC (Network Unlock Code).

If your are with Vodafone for over 12 months, there would be no charge for supplying the NUC.

I have looked into your pay as you go account and can see that you are with us since edit 2011. If your phone is under 12 months old, you’ll be charged 19.99.

To enable us to take charges from your phone account you need to top up your phone with 20.

Please get back to us with the confirmation so that we can provide you with the NUC.

I trust this helps. Thank you for being with Vodafone.

Regards,

edit
    Customer Services Assistant
    Shared Services

Shelton Boulevard (off Forge Lane), Festival Park, Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 5GP

vodafone.co.uk

Email response from Vodafone after I reply the email

Hello edit,

Thank you for writing to Vodafone Customer services regarding the Network Unlock Code (NUC).

As per your request, I have requested a NUC for your iPhone and it will be sent to you via text within 48 hours. Please note that the reference number for your request is edit.

I trust the above information is helpful to you.

I've also attached a short customer feedback questionnaire and would really appreciate your thoughts to help us improve our service and I can assure you, this will be treated in confidence. Just click here to start.

Regards,

Edit
    Customer Services Assistant

Shared Services

Shelton Boulevard (off Forge Lane), Festival Park,
    Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 5GP

vodafone.co.uk
    Last edited by mashirabbit; 2011-05-24 at 04:44 AM.

I am having the same problem. It won't let me register my phone on the network (they might have closed some hole?) I have no idea. But the opinion is differed with every rep that I talk to because some say that it can be registered when the phone is roaming, some day that it can't. So I have no idea what to do at this point. I have made calls and waited with the sim in the phone for 24 hours but it just won't register. Any ideas?
    I don't know. I talked to another rep and explained to him that I made several chargeable calls over the past few days and that my phone has received multiple texts from O2, and even got an OTA carrier update from them. After a while he said he'll forward it to the unlocking team again. This time however, the 15GBP was deducted from my account so I'm hoping it works. I also did get it in writing that if for some reason the unlock doesn't go through, that I'd have the balance credited back to me. I wonder if using data through the cell tower would make the network realize that I do indeed have an iPhone... We'll see what happens.

I wonder if O2 has femtocells and if they can be hacked to work internationally...
    Last edited by terraphantm; 2011-05-23 at 08:29 PM.

I don't know. I talked to another rep and explained to him that I made several chargeable calls over the past few days and that my phone has received multiple texts from O2, and even got an OTA carrier update from them. After a while he said he'll forward it to the unlocking team again. This time however, the 15GBP was deducted from my account so I'm hoping it works. I also did get it in writing that if for some reason the unlock doesn't go through, that I'd have the balance credited back to me. I wonder if using data through the cell tower would make the network realize that I do indeed have an iPhone... We'll see what happens.

I wonder if O2 has femtocells and if they can be hacked to work internationally...
    unless they now have an automated process to put your IMEI on the white list which checks IMEI origin, if you've used the O2 network, logged calls, texts...

adding you to the whitelist does not require all of that. i know its the process requirement from O2, but submitting changes to white list should be simple for them.

after jumping through all these hoops, i hope it gets unlocked

I have gotten the texts, but What did the OTA update look like? have you used data? Any idea what APN should I use?

I have gotten the texts, but What did the OTA update look like? have you used data? Any idea what APN should I use?
    these are the APN settings i have when i installed the activated and top-up o2 sim card. im able to make calls and receive texts. i dont know anyone with a UK number to send MMS to.

The first two pics are from my ip4:
    the complete MMSC line should read: nms.02.co.uk:10021/mmsc. also, sometimes my carrier says ATT and sometimes it says TMobile.

The third pic is from my ip2: notice there is no mms settings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-1.png   -photo-2.png   -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2011-05-24 at 05:38 AM.

Well just to see if being on a firmware that matches the baseband helps, I downgraded to 4.0.1, unlocked with ultrasn0w, and popped the sim in. When I went to the about screen, I got a notification saying "There's a carrier update available for your phone, would you like to update?" or something to that effect... I accepted the update, and then the carrier version changed from O2 7.0 to O2 7.3.

Since the carrier file included with 4.3.* is O2 10.0, I doubt you'll get an OTA update on that firmware.

Thanks

Someone Should Help me Unlock my phone lol....

Anyone Mind Giving Donations To a Poor Student

Someone Should Help me Unlock my phone lol....

Anyone Mind Giving Donations To a Poor Student

LOL. I am a poor broke college student too

LOL. I am a poor broke college student too
    Haha same here actually. Just finished my 2nd year. Hoping this unlock works because it should improve the resale by more than what I paid. If not I'm out about $35... Could be worse, but still would suck to just lose that money

Edit: I'm about ready to give up on this unlock. It's almost been 3 days again and still nothing. I'll try to convince a CSR to push it through immediately instead of making me go through this 3 day BS (it is apparently possible to get the instant unlock), but otherwise I'm going to just have them credit my SIM back and maybe resell it or something.
    Last edited by terraphantm; 2011-05-26 at 07:05 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast