Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (How to) Unlock iPhone 4 with o2

The sim that I got was from eBay.uk. And it came with a phone number sticker on the sim holder, I also ask the seller to get me a 10 topup voucher at the same time. Top up by calling 4444.
    I think the prepaid sim that came with credit preloaded is already activated. At least that's how my sim was.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I guess my unlock request didn't work was because I call and text a us number but not a uk number. Maybe I should try calling a uk number to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Netcruzer View Post
    I wasn't asking about topup, I'm talking about buying and activating a physical O2 sim card.

Ebay shows normal sim, micro sim, some have phone numbers already, others don't, etc...

What is the best SIM to buy, and how to you activate it?

I understand I'll need to top-up from that other ebay link already provided after I'm activated.
    i purchased my o2 sim from ebay uk. it was a new activated sim card. it only requires a top-up. most o2 sim card sellers already activated it. i then had to cut it with a sim cutter to make it a micro sim. i verified the sim was active with my unlocked ip4 and it read all the o2 network settings. it also sent me a text asking me to dial 4444 to top-up.

Message from o2

Welcome to America. While away you can top-up just like at home by calling 4444 using your debit or credit card for payment. Enjoy your trip!

Just made a call to McDee with my O2 sim, still have 17.02GBP left. Let see if it'll go thru this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mashirabbit View Post
    Just made a call to McDee with my O2 sim, still have 17.02GBP left. Let see if it'll go thru this time.
    keep in mind.. it may cost up to 15gbp for o2 to unlock

6. The Following User Says Thank You to daytonaviolet For This Useful Post:

mashirabbit (2011-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    keep in mind.. it may cost up to 15gbp for o2 to unlock
    I still have 2GBP left if mine got unlock.

just a quick question?
    any o2 sim works right? and do i buy the pre-activated ones or i buy the un-activated ones? and if i buy the un-activated ones, can i activate it in US?

I think all prepaid sim with credit should be activate already. The o2 sim I got was preloaded with 10 and it cost less than that on eBay.uk, and the 2 Vodafone sim I got had 1 credit on it preloaded, and it came with 10 voucher each. All I did was open the seal package, pop the sim from the holder and put the sim into my unlock phone, then call 4444(o2) or 2345(Vodafone) to make sure it can connect to the network.

also.. in the USA, dont forget to turn off 3G. i had 3G on before and i was unable to connect with the o2 sim. but once i turned 3G off, the ATT logo should up and i got the "need to top-up" auto-text from 4444

Just keep me posted with y'alls results!

Macmac80210 (and any others that this has worked for), just out of curiosity...what carrier was your phone originally locked to? Just ordered an O2 sim and gevey sim as well, so I'll be giving it a shot. I'm locked to AT&T, btw..

Quote Originally Posted by kappsdev View Post
    Macmac80210 (and any others that this has worked for), just out of curiosity...what carrier was your phone originally locked to? Just ordered an O2 sim and gevey sim as well, so I'll be giving it a shot. I'm locked to AT&T, btw..
    Locked to AT&T....make sure to chat the rep to have them unlock it. And if one rep won't unlock it, try again with another. It took me 3 times to find a rep that would unlock the phone for me. So just keep trying! Just keep chatting with them. Also you could email (haven't tried it personally. But it's worth a shot!) the hardest part of this thing for people was registering it on the o2 network. Make sure to keep your o2 sim in the whole after you request the unlock.
    Also, you could chat the reps at o2. Most of them will tell you that this won't work, but you will eventually find one that will help you.
    So just keep trying and hopefully it will work for you guys too! I am on vacation but when I get back I will start to unlock more of these phones. I am sure that this might also be possible on other european networks, as it is law in Europe that an unlock must be provided. So orange might do this as well. Someone should call or email or chat them and give that a shot too!

Good luck y'all!

Well so far so good, let's see what happens in 72 hours

info: Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
    info: You're through to Sheldon.
    Sheldon: Hi I'm Sheldon. How can I help?
    Mirza Ali: Hi Sheldon, would you be able to help my unlock my iPhone?
    Sheldon: Yes,
    Sheldon: I can arrange to unlock the iPhone.
    Sheldon: Can you tell me the current calltime balance and what you get free when you Top-Up?
    Mirza Ali: I currently have a balance of 17.52 if I recall correctly
    Sheldon: Thanks, can you tell me the name of the tariff or the Bolt Onactive on your account?
    Sheldon: Bolt On active*
    Mirza Ali: the tariff is Text and Web
    Sheldon: Thanks, let me check this for you.
    Sheldon: In the meantime can you tell me the IMEI number of the iPhone?
    Mirza Ali: sure, it is
    Mirza Ali: *****
    Sheldon: Thank you. Have you used the iPhone with the number *****?
    Mirza Ali: yea I have
    Sheldon: Okay, give me a minute.
    Mirza Ali: Sure
    Sheldon: I've forwarded your details to the iPhone unlocking team and they'll unlock the iPhone within 72 hours.
    Mirza Ali: Excellent, thanks!
    Sheldon: You're welcome.
    Sheldon: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Mirza Ali: No, that was all I needed for now
    Sheldon: Okay.
    Sheldon: It was great chatting with you.
    Sheldon: We'd really like your feedback. Click on 'End chat' in the top right of this screen to tell us what you think. Bye.
    Sheldon: Have a nice day.
    Mirza Ali: You too

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    O2 TOP UP VOUCHER 20 | eBay UK

This guy will top up for you. Should solve your problems and let u top up. Yes. I got all of the "congratulations "messages. Good luck bud!
    I tried to buy it now an got this response
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    I tried to buy it now an got this response
    I ran into the same issue. Just send him a message explaining the situation - he sent me his paypal info and I just paid him directly through that. I then got my top-up within a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    I ran into the same issue. Just send him a message explaining the situation - he sent me his paypal info and I just paid him directly through that. I then got my top-up within a few minutes.
    Great. I left him a a message. Thanks

I think all prepaid sim with credit should be activate already. The o2 sim I got was preloaded with 10 and it cost less than that on eBay.uk, and the 2 Vodafone sim I got had 1 credit on it preloaded, and it came with 10 voucher each. All I did was open the seal package, pop the sim from the holder and put the sim into my unlock phone, then call 4444(o2) or 2345(Vodafone) to make sure it can connect to the network.

can you provide the link where you purchased ur o2 sim?

Quote Originally Posted by xbillbillx View Post
    can you provide the link where you purchased ur o2 sim?
    It was at Ebay uk. All I did was look for 1 that will ship outside UK.

Try this one. 19.75 credit pre activated for less than 19.75
    Should still have credit left over after you make a call to UK number and 15 for unlocking the phone.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/O2-SIM-CARD-19...item2a108dca62
    Last edited by mashirabbit; 2011-05-19 at 08:37 AM.

It was at Ebay uk. All I did was look for 1 that will ship outside UK.

Try this one. 19.75 credit pre activated for less than 19.75
    Should still have credit left over after you make a call to UK number and 15 for unlocking the phone.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/O2-SIM-CARD-19...item2a108dca62
    I just purchased this. Awaiting top-up.
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2011-05-19 at 08:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krUnIzZlE3's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, i've given it a shot without any o2 sim... lets see what happens...

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
    You're through to Damian.

Damian: Hi I'm Damian. How can I help?
    chester: Yellow
    chester: i need my phone unlatched.
    chester: ?
    Damian: Please fill in the form by clicking here to get your iPhone unlocked.
    chester: why
    chester: why?
    Damian: Yes, its the fastest way to get your phone unlocked.
    chester: no it isnt.
    chester: it says it takes up to 28 days.
    chester: yet my friend who had unlocked his phone via a CSR chat had his unlocked within 24 hours.
    chester: without any phone number etc.
    Damian: It does not take that long as its just the maximum time frame.
    chester: ?
    chester: my friend who had unlocked his phone via a CSR chat had his unlocked within 24 hours. without any phone number etc.
    Damian: Yes, that systems is being removed from our network due to problems.
    chester: he did it like 2 hours ago.
    chester: i mean, if your going to "lie" atleast lie in a way i wont understand...
    Damian: I'm sorry I don't tell lies.
    chester: :P
    Damian: I'm telling you the fact.
    chester: oh, so im lieing ?
    Damian: You can ask your friend to unlock it for you if he has done it over here with us.
    chester: he had done it just by giving his IMEI.
    Damian: Could you give me your details such as IMEI?
    chester: how long will it take?
    Damian: It'll take 24 hours.
    chester: (*IMEI EDITED*)
    chester: ok.. thanks.
    Damian: Thanks for waiting.
    chester: no problem
    Damian: I've filled up the form for you to unlock your phone.
    chester: ok really? wow thank you very much
    chester: so how long will it take for it to be unlocked?
    Damian: It'll take 24-48 hours maximum.
    chester: thank you very much...
    I think he may have submitted my IMEI for unlock since he has said 24 to 48 hours... most say 7 days and thats how you know they are bullshitting you! Ill keep you updated....
    AT&T iPhone 4 Officially Unlocked

*Color: Black
    *Capacity: 32GB
    *Software Version: 5.0.1
    *Jailbroken -------------------------- ./
    *Bootloader: 1.59.00
    *Unlocked --------------------------- ./
    **Press Tha "Thanks" Button if I've Helped You!**

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast