Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey "no welcome screen"

Every 1 out of 5 gevey SIM on eBay is fake. I bought it from MyDalle.com (See link in the first post) and now i have ordered the pro version. I will recommend you to either buy Gevey from ApplenBerry.com or from MyDalle.com. I have tried both and have never found any fake piece. Also Gevey works on all iPhone basebands and all firmwares. I have 04.10 and 03.10 bb on my both iPhone 4s and both of them are unlocked on iOS 4.3.3. I tested it on iOS 4.2.1 and it works on it as well. Just make sure you iDevice is hacktivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolv3r1n3 View Post
    Every 1 out of 5 gevey SIM on eBay is fake. I bought it from MyDalle.com (See link in the first post) and now i have ordered the pro version. I will recommend you to either buy Gevey from ApplenBerry.com or from MyDalle.com. I have tried both and have never found any fake piece. Also Gevey works on all iPhone basebands and all firmwares. I have 04.10 and 03.10 bb on my both iPhone 4s and both of them are unlocked on iOS 4.3.3. I tested it on iOS 4.2.1 and it works on it as well. Just make sure you iDevice is hacktivated.
    LOL So got 2 on both of them dont work (one was complementary]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolv3r1n3 View Post
    More like every 1 out of 5 is genuine! (actually I'd say the counterfeits to genuine ratio would be even higher [maybe 50 counterfeits to 1 genuine])

Anyway, the link you posted shows a fake GEVEY and the mydalle one is a fake as well. The genuine Pro still requires cutting!

Quote Originally Posted by 13001r View Post
    From the pictures both are AUTHENTIC.

@OP what firmware are you running?
    I know you know your stuff. However I think in this case you looked at the trays and concluded the OP's is real, but as we saw in the other thread, the counterfeits now have better trays as well. I mean the PCB itself has some weird connections I haven't seen before. I've attached a pic where I marked the connections with red. Additionally a strange marking marked by blue. I'm sure you'll agree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -gevfakewtfx.jpg  

dont buy from mydalle.com. They are selling fake sim's i bought from their site and i am a victim of it. They tell to their customer care no but it does not work.Online people never respond and even your mails, beware from these china goods.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFX View Post
    More like every 1 out of 5 is genuine! (actually I'd say the counterfeits to genuine ratio would be even higher [maybe 50 counterfeits to 1 genuine])

Anyway, the link you posted shows a fake GEVEY and the mydalle one is a fake as well. The genuine Pro still requires cutting!

I know you know your stuff. However I think in this case you looked at the trays and concluded the OP's is real, but as we saw in the other thread, the counterfeits now have better trays as well. I mean the PCB itself has some weird connections I haven't seen before. I've attached a pic where I marked the connections with red. Additionally a strange marking marked by blue. I'm sure you'll agree.
    yea there seems to be at least 3-4 different fakes / knockoffs now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How I got my Gevey Pro to work
    HI All

I got a Gevey Pro from Applenberry (by the way, got it via regular US mail in 3 days after ordering). I have an iphone 4, AT&T, jailbroken with redsn0w release 14 and baseband 2.10.04 (maintained that BB using Tiny Umbrella before I got the gevey). FW 4.3.2, 32 GB phone. I am normally activated, not hacktivated. I also have ultrasnow 1.2.3 on to correct the "signal bar" cosmetic issue with redsn0w, but I do not have an unlockable baseband using ultrasnow.

I have 2 other SIM cards, a T mobile "pay as you go" (US number) and a Singtel "pay as you go" (singapore number). I cut the tmobile card first, used a scapel that I had, those cards are HARD, hehe. Here is what I found in terms of what works the first time for the gevey pro:

1. Turn off 3G and wifi and then turn off the phone, take out your regular sim card.

2. Do NOT put the Gevey-sim card combo in, but turn the phone on with no sim in the phone.

3. Once the phone is booted up, push the gevey-sim card combo into the phone

4. You will get an accept screen in 10-30 secs, hit accept and then you will get ONE BAR...be patient this may take 5-25 seconds

5. Dial 112 for 2 seconds (longer seems to be a problem sometimes in terms of getting the gevey to work)

6. Turn on airplane mode

7. You will get messages like "invalid sim" and "sim failure" when you get those say OK and then, turn off airplane mode

8. You will get a signal in 15-60 seconds and the carrier logo for the sim you are trying to use will pop up

9 Turn 3G and wifi back on, make a call, should work and you should be able to make and receive calls.

These instructions are somewhat different from those given on the gevey package where it tells you to turn the phone on with the gevey and sim in the phone. That didn't work for me either, so boot the phone without the gevey + sim in the phone first (no sim in).

There is NO conflict with the Gevey unlock and having ultrasn0w turned on.

If you put the phone into sleep mode...it will still be unlocked when you turn it back on. if you turn the phone off (powered off ) you will need to repeat the procedure.

So..this worked with both sim cards for me. When I kept 3G and wifi on, didn't work and got an error message to "try again" after I went through steps 1-7 above.

Hope that helps people.

Default how to fix Gevey Welcome menu
    Quote Originally Posted by jogwolf View Post
    Hi I browsed a lot before posting and found nothing similar to me. The problem is that when put the sim with gevey interposed and turn on, the phone goes "searching..." then after a while "no service", I bought 2 gevey to avoid problems they both doing the same, what is I'm doing wrong here's some pics

ANSWER!

just simple as this follow these steps!!and u gotta have all the services on like 3g, cellular data and data roaming! on! and then dude in order to fix this just go to settings, phone scroll down to sim application select English and it will pop up! these scumbags dont tell you this they want you to buy a new one thats the way it was programmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald1 View Post
    Well since I updated my iphone to 4.3.3 04.10.x I think i am forced into getting a PRO gevey
    dude you dont need a pro its a rip off same thing! just simple as this follow these steps!!and u gotta have all the services on like 3g, cellular data and data roaming! on! and then dude in order to fix this just go to settings, phone scroll down to sim application select English and it will pop up! these scumbags dont tell you this they want you to buy a new one thats the way it was programmed!
    Last edited by nypd5001; 2011-05-18 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nypd5001 For This Useful Post:

Netcruzer (2011-05-19)

Ahh, awesome!
    I'm using legit Gevey Pro, was not getting the welcome message to automatically show on reboot.

I followed your steps, it works. Now I don't need to worry about carrying around a sim eject tool anymore incase I run out of power/reboot.

On reboot, make sure 3G, cell data, data roaming is on.
    Then go to settings > phone > Sim Applications
    Select English
    Welcome message will appear.
    Start Gevey process

Note that once your SIM is working, there is no Sim Applications option. It only is there under the right circumstances.

oh my god. i was about to go crazy cause i couldnt unlock it. thank you so much. very helpful. i have an iphone 4. 4.3.3 on baseband 4.10.01 unlocked to t-mobile ( thanks to this guy now )

Quote Originally Posted by jsjb100 View Post
    HI All

I got a Gevey Pro from Applenberry (by the way, got it via regular US mail in 3 days after ordering). I have an iphone 4, AT&T, jailbroken with redsn0w release 14 and baseband 2.10.04 (maintained that BB using Tiny Umbrella before I got the gevey). FW 4.3.2, 32 GB phone. I am normally activated, not hacktivated. I also have ultrasnow 1.2.3 on to correct the "signal bar" cosmetic issue with redsn0w, but I do not have an unlockable baseband using ultrasnow.

I have 2 other SIM cards, a T mobile "pay as you go" (US number) and a Singtel "pay as you go" (singapore number). I cut the tmobile card first, used a scapel that I had, those cards are HARD, hehe. Here is what I found in terms of what works the first time for the gevey pro:

1. Turn off 3G and wifi and then turn off the phone, take out your regular sim card.

2. Do NOT put the Gevey-sim card combo in, but turn the phone on with no sim in the phone.

3. Once the phone is booted up, push the gevey-sim card combo into the phone

4. You will get an accept screen in 10-30 secs, hit accept and then you will get ONE BAR...be patient this may take 5-25 seconds

5. Dial 112 for 2 seconds (longer seems to be a problem sometimes in terms of getting the gevey to work)

6. Turn on airplane mode

7. You will get messages like "invalid sim" and "sim failure" when you get those say OK and then, turn off airplane mode

8. You will get a signal in 15-60 seconds and the carrier logo for the sim you are trying to use will pop up

9 Turn 3G and wifi back on, make a call, should work and you should be able to make and receive calls.

These instructions are somewhat different from those given on the gevey package where it tells you to turn the phone on with the gevey and sim in the phone. That didn't work for me either, so boot the phone without the gevey + sim in the phone first (no sim in).

There is NO conflict with the Gevey unlock and having ultrasn0w turned on.

If you put the phone into sleep mode...it will still be unlocked when you turn it back on. if you turn the phone off (powered off ) you will need to repeat the procedure.

So..this worked with both sim cards for me. When I kept 3G and wifi on, didn't work and got an error message to "try again" after I went through steps 1-7 above.

Hope that helps people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12