Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5.15.04 hopefully?

Default 5.15.04 hopefully?
    When the new version of Ultrasn0w comes out in a few days, should it be able to unlock the v4.2.1 baseband of 5.15.04? It makes sense since why else would they have waited till 4.2 came out to release it?

Sigh.. They've stated the iPhone four baseband will require more time, but the 3G( 5.14.02) will be out soon..
    I hope so, all these threads on it are making the forums.. Crowded. Lol

Well I know the 5.14.02 one will be out but im worried about 5.15.04 because I just upgraded my iPhone through iTunes lol and it would realllly suck if I have to wait for the NEXT Ultrasn0w to come out after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crich92 View Post
    Well I know the 5.14.02 one will be out but im worried about 5.15.04 because I just upgraded my iPhone through iTunes lol and it would realllly suck if I have to wait for the NEXT Ultrasn0w to come out after this one.
    You may be outta luck, that's why he dev team told unlockers to stay clear of the update for now

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why did you do that???? Didn't you read any of the warnings?

Most were waiting for the 4.1 baseband unlock, and now u're at 4.2 baseband? Geeze...

It's nearly impossible to help people who don't or won't listen.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-24 at 02:21 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (2010-11-24), moon#pie (2010-11-24)

My apologizes. The way I saw it was that the reason they were holding off on releasing the new version of Ultrasn0w until 4.2 came out was so that they could get it to work on the firmware which comes with 4.2. Why not have released it when 4.1 was out if thats the best bandwith it can do?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you don't understand, please ask. For your own good, ask/read before you do anything.

Here's the key. Cat and mouse game -- Apple attempting to close holes, jb'ing/unlocking team looking for new one. New holes are not easy to find.

If our team finds a hole and releases too early, Apple will quickly close that hole and everybody is stuck until the next hole is found.

There may come a time when our team can no longer find a hole. I hope not, but Apple has very good engineers and they don't like jb/unlocking.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-24 at 02:53 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Crich92 (2010-11-24)

You know what I did with my iPhone? I was on ios3 unlocked. And I used it for so long. I didn't even care ios4 was out. Till I made sure jailbreakme and ultrasnow worked for 4.0.1 then I upgraded and unlocked. I never rush. Right now I'm still on 4.0.1 and I don't care about 4.2 untill...something 100% working comes out
    Last edited by voodoo411; 2010-11-24 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crich92 View Post
    My apologizes. The way I saw it was that the reason they were holding off on releasing the new version of Ultrasn0w until 4.2 came out was so that they could get it to work on the firmware which comes with 4.2. Why not have released it when 4.1 was out if thats the best bandwith it can do?
    Well, for your sake i hope they do as its beggining to be harder and harder to downgrade to a different baseband or even a different firmware these days. We waited this long for the unlock, a few more days really wouldn't be that big of adeal

I've noticed there are folks who visit the modmyi forums that have no clue the the hell they are doing. THeir minds are all up in the clouds, "well ill update and someone will figure this **** out for me". Little do they know just are wrong they are...

I;ve been waiting since September for the 5.14.02 unlock. I made the same friggen mistake you did. 2 months now and counting @ $30 a month for a 6gig 3g plan i cant use. The day I can put away my piece of **** nokia paperwieght and start answering calls like the cools kids I will be happy.

All i can say is, thank you America, for having a holiday this month, as Canada celebrated thanksgiving in October and apple certainly didn't give enough of a **** to release an update.