Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help unlocking

Default help unlocking
    Guys,
    I have a 3GS phone with firmware 3.1.3, baseband 05.11.07-6.4_M3S2, new bootrom. I have SHSH for 3.1.3 saved. This has been unlocked and JB since 3.1.2 and it is currently unlocked by ultrasn0w and JB with spirit.
    I want to update to iOS 4, which version can I go safely, without having troubles to carrier unlock it and JB?
    Also how can I do it? Which tools should I use?
    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by ale4121; 2010-11-21 at 03:51 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ale4121 (2010-11-21)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^ale4121. Please edit your post and remove the serial number. It's something you shouldn't give out in public.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

ale4121 (2010-11-21)

Thanks, it did work. I have JB and unlock it. However my iphone now boots up every other minute. Have your heard about this? Does anyone know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Did you restore from backup after the restore? If so try again and set it up as new after and see if that helps.

Did you use snowbreeze or pwnagetool?

Pwnagetool is usually much better than snowbreeze given the option....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post

Thats for sure

Yes, I did restore it from my backup instead of creating a new one. How can I create it as a new one in iTunes now?

Did you restore from backup after the restore? If so try again and set it up as new after and see if that helps.
    I used snowbreeze.

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post

Last edited by ale4121; 2010-11-21 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just do the process again, but instead set up as new in itunes after the restore. make sure you have your contacts and photos synced first though. This could be the issue or it could be the custom firmware you made with sn0wbreeze. Pwnage tool is much better to use if you have the choice.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't think you can. Maybe erase alllll ... but this is not recommended on a jb'd phone. Best to start over

I tried to redo the process bu when trying to restore the new ipsw file I got error 21 and got stuck on the itunes with the usb cable screen. Libusb-win32 is not working anymore, not detecting the iphone, I google it and read that there is a fix, but I'm too tired to do it now. Maybe tomorrow and maybe with a Mac.

Thanks

Ya sn0wbreeze and iReb can sometimes lead to that error 21. Dont worry I have seen this and have got past it. Your best choice is to use a Mac and pwnage tool to enter dfu. Second best choice is to enter dfu with redsn0w 0.9.6b2 and selecting just enter pwned dfu mode. Either way should take care of the error.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iTunes Errors - The iPhone Wiki

DFU problem .

A good site for lots of iPhone info.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Simon (2010-11-21)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No problem. The more I learn, the more I know that I don't know

Guys,
    I redid the whole process using a mac and pwnage. I did the custom firmware as stated in iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1] pointed by x98car. At then end of the installation it gave me error 21 and I used the iRecovery to get me out of the boot loop. However, the phone is still booting up each other minute. I have not unlocked it yet, just JB. Any ideas? Please help.

The interesting thing is that it only boots up when the phone is being used. If I donīt slide the bar to unlock it and the phone is standing by it does not seem to boot, however after sliding it gives me about 2 minutes and boots up. Any ideas?
    Last edited by ale4121; 2010-11-21 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Error 21 indicates a problem with DFU. It appears from this error you were unable to get into proper DFU mode, instead defaulting to normal recovery mode.

DFU mode has a completely blank screen (phone looks like it's off) until the progress bar appears.

I'll try it again later, however when doing the custom firmware install pwnage detected DFU mode and the screen was actually black, as it was off.
    I have no idea of what to do, google the problem and noticed other people had the same problem, nobody got to a solution to that. Some said to turn autobrigth off (did that and did now work), tried to reboot, restart (did not work). I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe going back to 3.1.3, but some people said the problem still persists when doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Error 21 indicates a problem with DFU. It appears from this error you were unable to get into proper DFU mode, instead defaulting to normal recovery mode.

DFU mode has a completely blank screen (phone looks like it's off) until the progress bar appears.

Thanks

Try using redsnow on windows to enter the owned dfu state and then restore to your custom 4.1 made with pwnage tool.

Tried the whole process again with pwnage, redid a custom firmware 4.1, put it in DFU (the tool told me so and the screen was black), activated it with my sim card. It did not help, same error, booting up every 2 minutes when using it. I think I'll try to go back to 3.1.3, I hope it works. 2 days lost.

Try using redsnow on windows to enter the owned dfu state and then restore to your custom 4.1 made with pwnage tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast