Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Well if Apple do ever release a higher baseband for 3GS than 6.15 it may be able to be installed on a iPhone 3G too. Although that would relock it, but it would fix GPS.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The ole 'catch-22' bites again

Thanks

Haha, yup. Something tells me Apple is not going to release a baseband higher than 6.15 before they stop updating the 3GS anyway though.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you hearing those little birdies again?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Darn. Then it must be only me

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^gotta read to understand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hahahaha.......birdies

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ^gotta read to understand
    I did and it still didn't make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    I did and it still didn't make sense
    ^Then you're out of luck

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Unless the devs put their focus on downgrading the baseband, which has been accomplished for BL 5.8 devices, but it seems there isn't progress or that either.
    Thanks for the reply, Annie. Anyone know if the devs are putting any effort towards downgrading 5.9 devices? I understand there's been no progress for 6 months or so, just don't know if their efforts are focused elsewhere (and hence I shouldn't be waiting...).

My iphone is a hand-me-down, and when I used tinyumbrella, I got the 4.1 shsh. Don't know if that would allow me to downgrade, perhaps thereby downgrading my baseband as well? I have no idea...

thanks again!
    Last edited by luckycharms; 2011-07-20 at 06:36 PM.

Default Requesting help for my Iphone 3G ios 4.2.1 on firmware 5.15.04 and BL 5.9
    Requesting help for my Iphone 3G ios 4.2.1 on firmware 5.15.04 and BL 5.9

Yes I am screwed. I accidently took an update on my jailbroken/unlocked Iphone 3G. Based on all my browsing and research, seems like I am stuck in a bad place.

I came across the Ipad 6.5 fix, but was skeptical about going that route.

Please help if I have any other options ? Or should I just wait it out till something arrives ?

thx

Thanks

Only option is the ipad baseband method unless your carrier is willing to unlock it for you.

hi,,thx for your response.

I have a second iphone 3g with the same parameters but it is not jailbroken or unlocked. It is still with AT&T. Can that be jailbroken / unlocked to work on a different provider ? Wondering if the whole process could be done differently for a phone that is still with AT&T ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

+1 @amid The iPad 6.15 BB will unlock it, but it breaks your GPS. General carrier/wifi location still works, but the accuracy of GPS is gone !! Installing the iPad BB also requires custom built firmwares for all future upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by amind View Post
    Or should I just wait it out till something arrives ?
    I've searched around for chatter about work on the GPS fix, and there's not much. Mostly just folks like you and me sending annoying (and ignorned) tweets to folks like MuscleNerd. I came to the conclusion that these guys are busy enough dealing with apple updates, and so they're not paying much (or any) attention towards special cases of 3G unlocks. So, I just went for it, updated the BB to 06.15.00, and lost my GPS. Screw it. It was either that, or leave the damn phone in the drawer forever.

This is just my opinion - I suppose it's possible some Dev will dedicate some time towards this issue at some point. But I personally doubt it'll happen. Lord knows I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycharms View Post
    I've searched around for chatter about work on the GPS fix, and there's not much. Mostly just folks like you and me sending annoying (and ignorned) tweets to folks like MuscleNerd. I came to the conclusion that these guys are busy enough dealing with apple updates, and so they're not paying much (or any) attention towards special cases of 3G unlocks. So, I just went for it, updated the BB to 06.15.00, and lost my GPS. Screw it. It was either that, or leave the damn phone in the drawer forever.

This is just my opinion - I suppose it's possible some Dev will dedicate some time towards this issue at some point. But I personally doubt it'll happen. Lord knows I've been wrong before.
    hi, Thx LuckyCharms....a working phone is always better then one in the drawer I have mine sitting in front of me and have moved my sim to an older phone. I am very puzzled and feel very silly for goofing up Wish there was some easy way to at least downgrade...it is the perfect storm - ios, firmware and bootloader all lined up together

Do you have any good links on the Ipad baseband upgrade. When I just tried to play with it a little bit, Redsn0w was not reading my IPSW file. Any suggestions on the ipad baseband fix is appreciated. thx again for your response and to the Mods too.

Quote Originally Posted by amind View Post
    Do you have any good links on the Ipad baseband upgrade. When I just tried to play with it a little bit, Redsn0w was not reading my IPSW file. Any suggestions on the ipad baseband fix is appreciated. thx again for your response and to the Mods too.
    If I recall correctly, redsn0w should download the baseband itself. So, basically, you want to jailbreak with redsn0w, telling redsn0w to install the ipad BB. Then you make a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze (if you're on windows) and load that on there with shift-restore on itunes. Once that's set (which took a little fussing around in my case), then you unlock with ultrasn0w.

The whole thing is pretty much documented in this thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...g-windows.html

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast