Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone guru required - 3g Unlock Issue

Default Iphone guru required - 3g Unlock Issue
    Hi Guys,

I have jailbroke and unlocked numerous phones on most firmwares and without much hassle but I seem to have hit a roadblock with my current iphone and really could do with some help so thanks in advance.

I have a 3G iphone, running firmware 3.1.2

I have jailbroken the phone with blackrain and that part worked fine.

I am now trying to unlock it but heres the issue, I have no wifi. The wifi on this model as with many others doesnt work. Its not a settings issue, the wifi just doesnt work so because of that I cant install cydia etc.

I have also tried restoring to a custom firmware with Cydia already installed on it but Itunes is rejecting this during install.

So as it stands I have a jailbroken Iphone 3g 3.1.2 that does not have a working wifi connection so I need help working out how to get my phone unlocked without having wifi to assist.

Please take the time to assist as I am stuck for ideas.

Iphone 3G 3.1.2(7D11)

Model MB496B

Modem Firmware 05.13.04

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 then use redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak. That will put cydia on the iphone for you. Then you have a few options. You can locate and download ultrasn0w and stick it in cydia's autoinstall folder using a usb file explorer like diskaid or iphone browser. Or you can download Cyder 2. This is basically a tool that lets you browse cydia repo's and packages and lets you install them from your computer through the usb connection.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dazgen (2010-11-21)

Big thanks to Bermuda,

cheers man, thats sorted it. I think i was just staring at the issue too long and became blank with it all. When you said cyder I realised I already had that package from a previous install so using it now. Cheers again.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah, im not out the woods yet. Ok so I used Cyder to get ultrasnow which I put into the autoinstall folder in Cyder and then loaded up cydia, it shows ultrasnow as an installed package. Did an iphone restore, the phone starts up and says searching in the carrier area at the top and then.............nothing!! So I am still at the position I was, the phones jailbroken but its not unlocked. Any ideas where I am going wrong? Anybody feel free to offer advice.
    Last edited by dazgen; 2010-11-21 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dazgen View Post
    Big thanks to Bermuda,

cheers man, thats sorted it. I think i was just staring at the issue too long and became blank with it all. When you said cyder I realised I already had that package from a previous install so using it now. Cheers again.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah, im not out the woods yet. Ok so I used Cyder to get ultrasnow which I put into the autoinstall folder in Cyder and then loaded up cydia, it shows ultrasnow as an installed package. Did an iphone restore, the phone starts up and says searching in the carrier area at the top and then.............nothing!! So I am still at the position I was, the phones jailbroken but its not unlocked. Any ideas where I am going wrong? Anybody feel free to offer advice.
    Did you install the latest versions of mobile substrate and ultrasn0w? Also make sure you are using Cyder 2.