Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G 3.1.3 dead after unlock

Unhappy 3G 3.1.3 dead after unlock
    Hi Guys,
    I am really looking for knight in shining armor tonight! I have iphone 3G 3.1.3. I jailbroke it through spirit, then once I installed cydia updates and then installed ultrasnow for final unlock step, it got stuck at reload springboard. I tried the power button but that did not help. I then unplugged the cables that connect the touch,lcd and sensor. The phone turned off. But now it will not turn on? No matter what I try, it won't even charge or if I plug it to computer, it won't even get recognized by the pc. Can some one please help me and tell me that all is not lost yet? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried holding the power and home button for 10 seconds, release, wait 2 seconds, then power on as normal?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Ya try that or plug in the iphone and hold the home and power button for at least 30 seconds until you see the apple logo. Either method should work.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Put your iphone into recovery mode and restore again.

Thanks for all the advice guys. It turned out to be loose charging connector inside the phone. When I plugged it back in , I was able to fully charge it and went on wit the unlock. I used spirit with 3.1.2 firmware and then used ultra snow repo.

Thanks for the help!