Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my options?

Default my options?
    I have an tethered jailbreak on my 3GS. It is 3.1.2(7D11) with 05.11.07. I want to make it untethered and maybe even upgrade the iOS. Please help me with any method I could use to update this. I definately need it unlocked. I am using T-mobile with it currently but I am tired of having to connect it back to the comp every time the battery dies. I have researched this myself and I assure you I am posting here as last resort. Thanks!

IOS: 3.1.2 7D11
    Modem firmware: 05.11.07

Quick version:
    I just want to know what my options are to make this device untethered and unlocked. I dont want it to be just jailbroken, i need it unlocked aswell. thanks

Download firmware 4.0.1 from felixbruns.de and save your shsh's

DO NOT USE AN OFFCIAL RESTORE FROM ITUNES ONLY GET 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 good luck
    Last edited by Stray; 2010-11-19 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks!, so basically I install the 4.0.1 for 3gs from this website and then use limra1n to jailbreak? then unlock using the app it creates in the phone?

and save the SHSH before attempting all of this?
    Last edited by ishotya; 2010-11-19 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you only have a PC and you want to get to IOS 4.1 and still be able to unlock, this is what you do :
    Make sure you have itunes 10
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 and download the official 3gs 4.1 ipsw. You have to get a copy of either activated custom fw of 4.1 created by Pwnage tools 4.1.2 from the net.
    Run Redsn0w and browse to the stock 4.1 ipsw. Check mark only Put iphone into DFU mode, do your count correctly and you will arrive at DFU done.
    Now at this point , open up Itunes, if it is not already open, press the shift key and press Restore , browse to the custom fw of 4.1 and it should restore to 4.1.
    Open up Cydia and install Ultrasn0w to unlock.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If u can borrow a friends Mac ( or get access to one for about 30 min), you can use PwnageTool 4.1.2, create a custom 4.1, and do everything in 2 easy steps.

yes i own a mac. so thanks!