Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone 3GS

Default My iPhone 3GS
    Hi all,
    It's been a while but anyways I have a bit of a dilemma I just bought a iPhone 3GS its on the newest firmware 4.1 with the baseband 05.14.02 which sucks big time cos from what I have been reading there is no unlock for this yet till Apple releases the new firmware 4.2 which has been delayed till the 24th of this month if not longer.. but I was thinking and came up with a idea but I'm not sure if it will work so here it goes, can I preserve a old baseband from the iPhone 3GS I have then create a custom firmware and add the old baseband with the new sn0wbreeze so then it would be unlockable or is it just best to wait on the unlock from the dev team... but i have also read that once apple come out with the firmware update that there is unlock ready and waiting or is this but bull!@#?
    Cheers,
    hoodies

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^No. The baseband can NEVER be downgraded.

That's why it's sooo very important unlockers be very careful and use custom firmware restores.

One exception: very early 3G users with a very special bootloader version (5.08) could do it. A rare situation.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-18 at 05:43 AM.

Ah okay it was just a idea I wasn't sure if it would work if not ill just wait till the unlock comes out then