Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How long snowbreeze take to restore the Custom OS?

Exclamation How long snowbreeze take to restore the Custom OS?
    I had upgraded my iphone 3G from ios 3.1.3 to ios 4.1 via snow breeze all things went fine and i tunes restored the os without any error and i had seen the progress bar two times on iphone (which is normal) but after when second progress bar finished the phone reboots and again shows the apple logo with buffering or loading circle and its one hour passed but still it doing this, so my question is that is it normal? if not what should I do and how long it takes to restore custom os as i think it also creates partition so it will take long according to my asumption....and I am non at&t user as I live in Pakistan so i want my phone unlocked so what should I do? shall I wait longer to restore it or its stucked or something else?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

No it shouldnt take that long. Try making another custom firmware and doing the process again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

stablizershock (2010-11-17)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    No it shouldnt take that long. Try making another custom firmware and doing the process again.
    I had already tried it many times now what should i do can i restore to 3.1.3 unlocked?

Thanks

On a 3G yes you can. Just put it in dfu and shift-click restore to 3.1.3. If you get a error near the end of the restore just use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

On a 3G yes you can. Just put it in dfu and shift-click restore to 3.1.3. If you get a error near the end of the restore just use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery.
    thanks for ur help but will it also unlock my phone? because i dont have at&t sim to activate it

Thanks

As long as you never went to a regular 4.1 firmware then you will still be able to unlock. Just jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.4 or jailbreakme.com once back at 3.1.3 and then install ultrasn0w from cydia.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

As long as you never went to a regular 4.1 firmware then you will still be able to unlock. Just jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.4 or jailbreakme.com once back at 3.1.3 and then install ultrasn0w from cydia.
    for the first time i updated the os through itunes ...so now what should I do ?

Thanks

Nothing you can do now except wait for the new unlock to come out then. You can try running f0recast to see if you have one of the few phones that are able to downgrade your baseband.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ok i also have iphone 3gs its unlocked with verion 4.0.1 but its not jailbreaked is it safe to jailbreak it with www.jailbreakme.com ? because i dont wanna loose my unlock...and can i unlock iphone 3g with turbo sim ?

Thanks

Unless your 3GS is factory unlocked it is already jailbroken, It is a prerequisite to being unlocked.

No you cannot unlock your 3G with a turbo sim. They havent worked sinced the 2.2.1 days I believe.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

in my iphone 3gs cydia is installed but i am unable to install craked apps via itune? it says error (0x8008001)

Thanks

Cant help you with that, talk of cracked apps are against forum rules.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Cant help you with that, talk of cracked apps are against forum rules.
    oh sorry but anyway thanks for ur help .... one last question how to detect that phone is jailbroken or not and if it is already jailbroken then is it safe to jail break it again?

Thanks

If you have cydia you are jailbroken, no it is not safe to jailbreak over a pre-existing jailbreak depending on what was used to jailbreak the first time.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ok is app sync in cydia is for jailbreaking or not?

Thanks

Anything related to cracked apps like that are against forum rules. I cannot help you with anything like that.

Also I dont know anything about that as I have never, and will never use it.

Anything related to cracked apps like that are against forum rules. I cannot help you with anything like that.

Also I dont know anything about that as I have never, and will never use it.
    oh i am sorry

this is what f0rcast shows about iphone 3g
    Last edited by stablizershock; 2010-11-17 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i used sn0wbreeze it took 5 min when it finally worked but now i am stuck on snowflake screen. i also have a 3g that will not unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmediaking View Post
    i used sn0wbreeze it took 5 min when it finally worked but now i am stuck on snowflake screen. i also have a 3g that will not unlock
    same happened to me did you first installed update from itunes?

@x98car is it possible to unlock iphone by downgrading baseband?

no i did not i put it into recovery mode and trying again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast