Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: o2 taking the mick for activation

Default o2 taking the mick for activation
    hi, i have a 3gs with 4.1 and bb 5.14.02 and bl 6.4
    i bought the phone off eBay i used check-mend to see that it wasn't blacklisted i have jailbroken it, downgraded it to 3.1.2 and though back to 4.1. and i have tried hacktivating with sn0wbreeze and greenp0ison and i have rang o2 about it and it has had waiting for activation message since 3pm Thursday and i have looked though all the forums and now i am getting peeved.
    i would like to know if anyone else has and to wait this long and oh i should add that i have tried all the tricks to speed it up

any help will be great

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If it is a O2 iPhone then you should not hacktivate it. Itunes should activate it for you. If it is not a O2 iPhone then you would need to unlock it, however there is no unlock yet for that baseband. There may be one later this week or month though.

it was hacktivated to work with my t-mobile sim and when i found out 5.14.2 couldn't unlocked i got the o2 sim but my query is mainly about why it has had the waiting for activation message for 5 days

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It will say waiting for activation until you get signal from the sim card. However since it is hacktivated you wont get service with your official carrier O2. It will have to be restored and then activated with itunes the normal way.