Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any AT&T employees here?

Default Any AT&T employees here?
    I have this problem, check it out:

Last august, I bought myself an iPhone 4 in Monterey, California. Because of that, I have an AT&T simlock. I'm still on 4.0.1 so I can use Ultrasn0w for my own carrier simcard. But, and here comes the reason why I want this, Next july or august, when the iPhone 5 is coming out, I want to sell this one so I can upgrade to the new iPhone. And past experience tells me that a neverlocked iPhone sells better then a locked one. So I want my iPhone to be officially unlocked. I've tried a couple of options but no one can really offer me an official unlock.

I've spoken to people who have friends working with the Dutch T-Mobile and for a little fee, they can officially unlock someone's iPhone just by submitting the correct imei number.

So now I'm wondering if any members here work at AT&T or have friends there who can shed some light on this situation. And maybe even offer me an official unlock just by typing in my imei number and send it to Apple.

@Mods, if this it in the wrong section or just not allowed please let me know before moving or closing or even deleting.
    Who the hell thanked me? And why?????

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not work for AT&T, but have tried to get them to unlock a 2G, 3G, and a 3GS for me so I can use it when abroad and they flat out refuse me everytime. Instead they try to push a bogus roaming plan on me. They have unlocked other phones for me, but they will not do any iPhone at all. So I have one iPhone on 3.1.2 that is soft unlocked for traveling purposes.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ya ATT will not do it for the iphone for any reason. I dont think I have heard of any real case where they did one.

I know they won't do it for customers, that's why I need an employee ;-)

I've spoken to multiple Dutch T-Mobile employees and they were all willing to submit my imei but it won't work cause it's not a Dutch iPhone.

I know the feeling man I have an iPhone 4 and moved to the UK and really wouldn't mind having it permanently unlocked.

Nobody else has any input??

Not possible, AT&T won't do it for anybody. Ur best bet is to sell it now and get another

I just found out that AT&T has got the possibility to unlock iPhones but they simply won't. So if we could find someone working there, maybe he or she can do it for us for a little fee.....

I once called AT&T and asked them to unlock my iPhone and he said to jailbreak it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrislouter View Post
    I just found out that AT&T has got the possibility to unlock iPhones but they simply won't. So if we could find someone working there, maybe he or she can do it for us for a little fee.....
    Yeah right. Someone is going to put their job and career on the line for $10.

att might have the ability to unlock but that doesn't mean their going to explain the method to all their thousands of employees. Only a few of the high-end corporate employees are probably in on this and I highly doubt they're willing to risk their job over it

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

It would be nice if we could ship our phones like to Canada or somewhere that unlocked iPhones are available and have them unlock it that way.

I moved to Taiwan. I have an ATT locked 3gs and I have a contract with the official carrier of the Iphone here in Taiwan. I've talked to people at apple, people at ATT, and at Chungwha (Phone company here in Taiwan). I can assure you that phone's not getting unlocked... at least officially.

But tell me this, how come there are tons of shops and internet-shops who offer official unlocks for every single carrier, exept AT&T?? There must be a way for us to do this. I have spoken to hundreds of people who had an official unlock by buying it on the internet for $100 or less. And by every single carrier I really mean every single carrier exept bloody AT&T.

If you want I can name some of the shops that sell these unlocks if you don't believe me.

Thanks

We believe you, but because of the nature of the deal ATT made with Apple they will not unlock them no matter what.

I understand it's AT&T policy, but there are ways to unlock it, I spoke to someone who knows someone working at AT&T and maybe he can do it under the counter if you know what I mean.

Thanks

I am sure someone there is technically capable of doing it. Everyone in this thread is just saying that you wont find many people that are willing to put their job on the line just so that you can have a unlocked phone.

Yeah, but everybody has his price right???

I'm just looking for that one guy with a price, that's it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast