Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G, Sim Card Not supported

Default 3G, Sim Card Not supported
    Guys,

Please help me! It's been a while since I've touched an iphone (i defected to BB ) but a friend has bought one online, which he didn't know must have been hactivated to begin with.

He then upgraded it. Now i can't get past the emergency lock screen, I've tried booting to dfu and loading a custom firmware through itunes but it still doesn't seem to do anything with regards to activating/unlocking.

Please treat me like a beginner, and point me in the right direction as I've lost my way since i last had an iphone and was into the hacking etc.

Many thanks

Thanks

what phone and what firmware did he update to before you started trying to help, if he updated to 4.1 official then there is no unlock at this time

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Run f0recast to see what bootloader it is. If it is 5.8, you can jailbreak then use Fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband so you can unlock (if it is already on stock 4.1 firmware). If it doesn't have 5.8, you'll have to wait for a new unlock. But you can still jailbreak on 4.1. If it isn't on 4.1, let us know so we can help

even the jailbreak doesn't seem to be working! I've tried limera1n and green poison, the phone seems to get stuck in dfu and i have to restore in itunes.

I'm going to try it on the main pc (running 7) rather than the laptop which is running vista.

I'll have a search for f0recast.

I'll report back, thanks so far.

ok, so the bootloader is 5.9 Baseband is 05.14.02

I gather the unlock shouldn't be far away as 4.2 is expected soon (possibly sunday?)
    Last edited by Northernmonkey; 2010-11-12 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

don't get your hopes up. Just wait is the best thing to do. Give it a few days up to a couple weeks, just so you don't get anxious

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Northernmonkey (2010-11-12)

Cheers mate! Ain't my phone anyway lol! I'll be back in June when my upgrade is due! The grass isn't always greener ha ha!

Also, I'm sure people know, limera1n isn't suitable for 3G, use redsn0w!