Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Question/Update??

Default Unlocking Question/Update??
    A relative of mine is upgrading early to get the Iphone 4 32 GB and he is letting me buy it off him. Just ordered it online at AT&t and I should have it soon. My question is will I be able to unlock it once the newest unlock is released. I read that 4.2 is coming out Friday so the unlock should be close after. I am just worried my phone will be too new and be running some new version that won't be able to be jailbroken and unlocked once this new one comes out. Do I have to worry? Or will the new Iphone I get be able to be jailbroken and unlocked once 4.2 is released and once the dev team or whoever cracks 4.2? Just making sure! Thanks for help!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You should be able to jailbreak and unlock it but the new unlock for iphone 4 may take a little bit longer to come out than the new unlock for the 3G/3GS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2010-11-10)

Thanks for the info... when you say a little longer does anyone have an estimate on how long it may take? Weeks? Months? Thanks again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2010-11-10)

Hmm alright... I guess my last question would be where can I look for updates so I can get the unlock the day it comes out? I know modmyi occasionally posts these but I am definitely looking to get it the day it comes out and I don't want to miss out haha. Thanks again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2010-11-11)

Just got it... can't wait for this unlock! One more question. Am I going to have to cut my tmobile sim card to make it fit? Does that mean I wont be able to use my sim in any other tmobile phones if its cut like that?
    Last edited by tjlamro; 2010-11-12 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks

You can use limera1n or greenpoison to jailbreak and get you past that screen for now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2010-11-12)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You can use limera1n or greenpoison to jailbreak and get you past that screen for now.
    Yeah I was able to just plug it in and I got passed the screen. Do you know anything about my question above? About the sim card? Thanks

Thanks

Once you cut down it down you will need a micro sim adapter to put it back into other phones. you can find them on ebay.

Should I cut it myself or have someone else do it? Maybe tmobile?

Thanks

Thats up to you, I bought one of the cutters on ebay that cut it one time. you can even put it back in the frame after so no need for an adapter if done this way.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2010-11-12)

Can you link me to the correct one that you bought? Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2010-11-12)