Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck Please Help

Default Stuck Please Help
    Guys i have a new iPhone 3GS. I tried to JB it using limera1n but something went wrong and im stuck on the apple logo. It doesnt move .

So i opened iTunes to restore it. Unfortunately it is not restoring to 3.1.3 . It gives me error 3194.

Please Help..!!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Limera1n only works on 4.0 and up. You are getting that 3194 error because you need SHSH to restore to a firmware apple is not signing anymore. Download tiny umbrella press save SHSH with your device connected and see what SHSH you are able to save.

Thanks for your reply

I tried using TinyUmbrella, on pressing save SHSH nothing is happening

Thanks

You have to run it as administrator and connect your device then press save SHSH.

yes i did that

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can only save SHSHs for 4.1. If you had previously saved 3.1.x or up to 4.0.2, you have to go to advanced options to pull them in locally to see if you have them. So in advanced options, select "iPhone 3GS 4.0.2" and see if it pulls any of 4.0.2 and lower to TU. if it doesn't, you don't have the SHSHs to restore and can't do anything besides go up to 4.1.

Thanks

Ok...lets go a different route. Do you require unlock?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

This thread is in the unlocking section. Either OP stuck it in the wrong section or he does require unlock

Bad news for now if no SHSHs are saved. Maybe the new unlock will be out soon in the next week or two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    You can only save SHSHs for 4.1. If you had previously saved 3.1.x or up to 4.0.2, you have to go to advanced options to pull them in locally to see if you have them. So in advanced options, select "iPhone 3GS 4.0.2" and see if it pulls any of 4.0.2 and lower to TU. if it doesn't, you don't have the SHSHs to restore and can't do anything besides go up to 4.1.
    That is for the old tiny umbrella, the newer versions all you have to do is select your device then press save SHSH and it saves for all available firmwares for your device. If they were never saved before then 4.1 (and maybe 4.2b3) is all it will be able to save.

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    This thread is in the unlocking section. Either OP stuck it in the wrong section or he does require unlock

Bad news for now if no SHSHs are saved. Maybe the new unlock will be out soon in the next week or two.
    Ya didnt pick up on it, thx for pointing it out

He should still be able to stay unlocked though even if forced to update to 4.1. He will just need to find a custom 4.1 unless he has access to a Mac.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-11-10 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I keep forgetting about the new TU. that means no SHSHs except 4.1 are saved then. It's early in the morning lol, I'm so out of it. Good points x98car.

A custom fw via PwnageTool is the best way to go, like you said.

Sorry for late reply, my internet was down

Yes i need an unlock. I tried using TinyUmbrella but it does not recognize my iPhone