Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i unlock my iphone 3G

Unhappy can i unlock my iphone 3G
    Hi all,
    My husband got unlocked iphone for me two days back.we are actually newbie to this iphone team.He accidentally did "restore and update" while he trying to erase all previous owner's data.so it unlocked again.

could you please help me in this to unlock again?

Note:We managed to jailbreak it by using someone's video.after tat we have no idea how to unlock it again.the firmware version is 1.1.1

thanks,
    Anitha

Are you sure that's the right firmware. I believe it should have at least 2.0?

It has to be at least 2.0 since the iphone 3G appeared with 2.0 and you can't install 1.X firmware on the iphone 3G. Is the back of you iphone black or white or is it Silver. If its the latter one, then its a 2G and you can upgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak and unlock your phone no problem. If its the 3G, you can easily find custom built firmwares that were done for the 3G on 3.1.3 or even 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1 with the unlock.

Good luck

Default Unlock iPone 3G
    Thank you for the reply satch2501 & phatcamaro.

Sorry I was wrong, Please see the details below,
    Version: 4.1 (8B117)
    Modem Firmware: 05.14.02
    It is Jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b1 and then Unlocked with repo666.ultrasn0w.com.

Now, if we insert the T-mobile simcard (3G turned off), it keep searching hte network and automatically device resets.

Whether this can be rectified ? even thro some professional hackers?

Please suggest. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by anitha_pgk View Post
    Thank you for the reply satch2501 & phatcamaro.

Sorry I was wrong, Please see the details below,
    Version: 4.1 (8B117)
    Modem Firmware: 05.14.02
    It is Jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b1 and then Unlocked with repo666.ultrasn0w.com.

Now, if we insert the T-mobile simcard (3G turned off), it keep searching hte network and automatically device resets.

Whether this can be rectified ? even thro some professional hackers?

Please suggest. Thanks,
    See answer from dev team:

Here is some very good news for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS unlockers. If you go by @sherif_hashim, then you are soon going to see an unlock for iOS 4.1, iOS 4.2 on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS on baseband 05.14.02 and 2.10.04.

Till now iPhone 4 unlockers had to update to iOS 4.1 without upgrading baseband using TinyUmbrella first, before they proceed with Limera1n jailbreak and then unlock with Ultrasn0w 1.1-1. iPhone 3GS users could jailbreak using PwnageTool which restores to custom IPSW firmware while preserving current baseband.

Well, the wait for iPhone unlock on newer basebands 05.14.02 and 2.10.04 is soon going to be over, as Sherif Hashim, iPhone hacker has come up with a new crash that can unlock these on iPhone 4 and 3GS.

@sherif_hashim tweets:

since nearly all my received tweets ask about both BB, I can report very early “initial” 1st step success on both sides, calmed down?

@mrpauldurden asks:

@sherif_hashim very early first steps means.. you’ve found a crash that can potentially prove to be an expoitable vulnerability?

Did you really need to post those tweets. Simple answer, you cannot unlock today but you will be able to before next weekend. Keep following the forum.