Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to save shh blobs / tiny umbrella

Default how to save shh blobs / tiny umbrella
    im new to this and have a 3gs 4.1 5.14.02 it was jb with limera1n now is jb whats the next step

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The next step? As in to save SHSHs? Go to Cydia and tap on the home screen "make my life easier".

If that's not there, get TinyUmbrella and click "Save SHSH" with your device plugged in

Since this is posted in unlock/activation forum, then I will point out that your baseband is not unlockable until a new unlock tool comes out.

after i hit make my life easier what do i do thanks for all your help

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Thats it then. They're saved.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

yhiphone (2010-11-09)

now wait for the unlock thanks for all your help

I have a related question. If someone can point to right direction or to a site where I can read how to on the following stuff.

I have iPhone 3GS jailbroken/unlocked and am using it on T-Mobile. It currently has iOS 4.0 with baseband 05.13.04. I used TinyUmbrella to save the SSH.

My questions is if I want to update iOS to 4.1 or 4.2 how can I do that without updating the basband?
    And how do I know the SSH is saved on Cidya and in the future I want to get back to this my preserved SSH how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Pure1; 2010-11-10 at 05:15 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You can see which SHSHs are saved on Cydia's homescreen in green letters up top.

If you want to get to 4.1 and maintain unlock, you'll use PwnageTool. If it's an old boot phone, you can use Sn0wbreeze (Windows only) too. If it's new boot, Pwnagetool is the only thing that works (yes it is Mac only). If you don't have a Mac, get a custom 4.1 fw made by PwnageTool from somebody with a Mac, then get Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 so you can let it set your phone in DFU mode. Then shift+restore to the custom firmware. Unlock as usual with Ultrasn0w in Cydia

Thanks mate, I will try to see which one works for me.

I do have a Mac. How do I go about upgrading my 3GS to 4.1 (currently 4.0) without updating the baseband?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Pure1; 2010-11-12 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You can use Pwnagetool, download a stock 4.1 ipsw and create a custom 4.1 firmware with that and PwnageTool. Then option+restore to the custom fw in iTunes.