Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Activation without SIM Card

Default iPhone 4 Activation without SIM Card
    Hey Guys,

Im getting an American iPhone 4 tomorrow without a SIM card.
    Wil I be able to use it as an iPod until the unlock comes out?
    If so, How wil I get passed the activation screen?

Thanks .

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

dont know if greenpois0n or limera1n hacktivate.. otherwise you may want to try a custom firmware. or if you have mac - pwnagetool
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

well you will need to hackactived via a cust fw thats all

Could anyone tell me how to do that?
    Im quite noob at jailbreaking and unlocking iPhones :/.

Thanks

Sure you can use: redsn0w or pwnagetool to do that

Redsn0w is for windows right?
    and then just download firmware 4.1 and JB it?

Thanks

Yes it's for windows. you can get the last version of redsn0w at the homepage of the iphone-dev.

And I have to download a custom firmware for 4.1, because I can't downgrade because I have the new BB right?

Sorry for the noobs questions .

Is the limerain hacktivation different then the dev-teams solution?
    Last edited by ExTrEmE99; 2010-11-12 at 05:56 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait, why would you not chose to activate in pwnage? There is an option to do that. And why would you use redsnow, and Pwnage? Your not unlocking, your on AT&T, SO really you just need to cook the IOS to get Cydia, and you used Pwnage. that should be all you have to do. Extreme99.

I would start over, and maybe use the search feature, to find the step by step guide to JB your phone.

I'm guessing your problem is doubling up on the Different hacks. I could be wrong, and way off base, But from what I am reading on your post above, this is what I would do.

PEAC EEEEEEE
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Jailbreaking with Limerain, redsn0w and greenpoison seems to be the same thing so theres no changes.
    Last edited by ExTrEmE99; 2010-11-12 at 05:57 AM.

Wait... if you got passed the activation screen/emergency screen then it should be hacktivated. Correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I hear, use greenpois0n to hacktivate, just plug it in and run greenpois0n after you restore so you can access the springboard. Then just run redsn0w to install Cydia and jailbreak (I'm not sure if greenpois0n does this or not as I have not used it YET)I believe this WILL work on iOS 4.1 too, on the iPhone 4. Greenpois0n it. If all else fails, just use Limera1n
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

If I helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to click the "Thanks" button!

Greenpois0n does hactivate and limera1n is the same exact thing. They both hactivate and jailbreak. You just download from either
    greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n
    limera1n
    And enjoy

use limera1n, i just bought a 4 on 4.1 and did it successfuly, its easy and quick, it does step by step so even the biggest noob can do it

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Limera1n or greenpois0n will hacktivate so you don't need a SIM. if it's already on 4.1, which it likely will be, use either of those tools. No need for Pwnagetool if you're already on 4.1.

From searching, it seems like theres no way of bypassing the reception problem. Oh well.
    Last edited by ExTrEmE99; 2010-11-12 at 05:58 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

The only way to bypass the zip and SSN is to contact the seller. If you have an AT&T SIM, it won't pick up service after hacktivation. So there's no point in sticking the SIM in after hacktivating.

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    The only way to bypass the zip and SSN is to contact the seller. If you have an AT&T SIM, it won't pick up service after hacktivation. So there's no point in sticking the SIM in after hacktivating.
    Could a potential update from the Cronic Dev Team allow you to bypass the Zip / SSN screen? If so, would this be considered an unlock or a hacktivation....it's kind of in between.
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No, that zip and SSN thing is directly related to your device. If you try another AT&T SIM, maybe it isn't. But as far as I can tell, no jb tool will fix it unless you get ahold of the seller (actually the original owner of the device).

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    No, that zip and SSN thing is directly related to your device. If you try another AT&T SIM, maybe it isn't. But as far as I can tell, no jb tool will fix it unless you get ahold of the seller (actually the original owner of the device).
    Ah, that is quite unfortunate. Wouldn't this pose a huge problem for sellers on eBay selling USED iPhone 4's now or the near future? Entering the ZIP/SSN is a such a pain just to activate your phone...
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast