Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 4.1 02.10.04.. "insert valid sim card with no pin.."

Exclamation iPhone 4 4.1 02.10.04.. "insert valid sim card with no pin.."
    so, i think i may have messed up.

a few days ago, i bought a used iphone 4(4.1, 02.10.04) that i planned to unlock and use with my t-mobile(usa) service.
    the guy i bought it from didn't restore it himself, so after fighting with itunes to accept my account as the devices main account and not his, i did what i can only describe as a "hard restore." i held down sleep/home until it restarted then plugged it into my macbook and itunes popped up and said "blahblahblah restore?" so i restored.

all is well now, with the exception of one little thing..

"No SIM card installed.. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

as stated previously, i have only a t-mobile SIM card. once i trim it down to micro-size, can i use this to activate? or must i find an at&t one? -- my girlfriend uses at&t(samsung phone), can i use her SIM to activate my iphone and have her still be able to use it without issue in her phone?

i read something online about being able to "hacktivate".. is this an option? if so, what do i do?

i guess to sum it all up, how do i activate my iphone 4 4.1 02.10.04 without the original at&t SIM card?

thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You can use limera1n or greenpoison to hacktivate it. but there is no unlock yet for that baseband. There hopefully will be soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You can use limera1n or greenpoison to hacktivate it. but there is no unlock yet for that baseband. There hopefully will be soon though.

how? just follow normal protocol?
    wouldn't i have to have access to cydia via the iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Download either of the two and run them.
    Got it, thanks!