Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobile Data Question

Default Tmobile Data Question
    I am using an unlocked iP4 on the T-Mobile network. I recently added the $10 Unlimited Web plan via my MyT-Mobile.com account, and added the correct settings to my iP4. When I open the web browser, I get the T-Mobile home page just like any other T-Mobile phone (I am only saying this to prove I have the correct connection settings), but when I try to go any further, I get a T-Mobile web page that says I don't have a data plan or the data plan I have is not compatible with my device. I called T-Mobile and told them I have an iPhone 4 and they said that I have to upgrade to the $30 smartphone plan, which I am definitely not doing. How can I make my iP4 work on the $10 Unlimited Web plan? Is there a way to change the IMEI or a cydia patch or some hack? Thanks a lot

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1) don't tell them you have an iPhone
    2) go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data and enter APN: internet2.voicestream.com

Then it should work. If not, go to your Safari browser on your phone and go to unlockit.co.nz and follow the instructions.

This did not work. Is there a way to change the networks detected imei? Also is there anyone else with a personal account of dealing with this problem specifically on the iPhone?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Then I'd suggest installing an appropriate carrier bundle. Go to Cydia and type "t-mobile" and I'm sure you'll find the one appropriate for your service. I believe the legacy one is the one you want.

I used to be on T-Mobile, so in case you don't believe my resources are trustworthy, yes I used to have web2go 9.99 and had it working well