Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPHONE no NETWORK

Default IPHONE no NETWORK
    Hi,

I have two IPHONE, both are 32GB 3GS.

Today Morning when I did update them with Itunes their versions are 4.1(8B117) and baseband is 05.14.02

now when I connect them to itune it says my both iphone are updated.

Now when I inserted a sim card in the phone. One phone works fine and working perfectly. When other phone doesn't seems like unlock, and when I insert the sim card its searching for the network.

One phone is working perfectly alright when other doesn't.

Can please do anyone help me with this.

Yes, I also jailbreaked them with limera1n so cydia and everything working fines in both phone.

Only issue is of network in one phone.

Please do help me.

Thanks
    Katrine

Is the one that's not working locked to the Network you are trying to use it on?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Is the one that's not working locked to the Network you are trying to use it on?
    Hi Yes the one is locked to the network. It has only network issue its going searching and searching when other phone is unlocked to network.

thanks for response.
    Katrine

Are both phones locked to the same network? Have you tried swapping SIMs?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Are both phones locked to the same network? Have you tried swapping SIMs?
    hi yes i tried everything in both phone, when one is working fine and other phone is searching for network. its my bro's phone. wat to do now i m poor gal now (.

can i downgrade it ?

So both SIMs work in one phone and neither SIM works in the other?
    Try restoring and seeing if it works without JB.

So both SIMs work in one phone and neither SIM works in the other?
    Try restoring and seeing if it works without JB.
    yes both sims work in one phone and neither sim works in the other.

I just restore the phone now and it says that sim card in this phone doesnt appear to support.

so what to do !!

pl help me

You phones are locked to different networks. Since they are both on 5.14.2 baseband neither can be unlocked. However, one is obviously locked to the network whose sim you are using. The other one is locked to a different network and you will have to wait for a new verion of Ultrasn0w to unlock it.
    Should be out soon after 4.2 update is available but do not update at that point to 4.2 because your baseband will be changed again.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 2010-10-31 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    You phones are locked to different networks. Since they are both on 5.14.2 baseband neither can be unlocked. However, one is obviously locked to the network whose sim you are using. The other one is locked to a different network and you will have to wait for a new verion of Ultrasn0w to unlock it.
    Should be out soon after 4.2 update is available but do not update at that point to 4.2 because your baseband will be changed again.
    hi

thanks for your reply. so could you let me know what am i suppose to do now. do i have to wait until I get new version to unlock it ? is there anyway that I can downgrade my phone ? also I have one IPHONE4 WHICH IS HAVING 4.1 and 02.10.04 its also having the same problem.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by katsphone4 View Post
    hi

thanks for your reply. so could you let me know what am i suppose to do now. do i have to wait until I get new version to unlock it ? is there anyway that I can downgrade my phone ? also I have one IPHONE4 WHICH IS HAVING 4.1 and 02.10.04 its also having the same problem.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance
    You have to wait until the new version of Ultrasn0w is released in Cydia to unlock the two 3GS phones. The IP4 o baseband 2.10.4 also cannot be unlocked at this time.

While I can give you no definite information, the general view is that an unlock for the 3GS baseband is already available and will be released shortly after APPLE new version of firmware 4.2 is officially released. Little information on the unlock for 2.10 which suggest that they have not got it working so we may see only unlock for the 5.14 baseband in that timeframe but this is all speculation no definite info. Keeping looking at Musclenerd twitter account or the DEV team blog.