Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Searching...

Default Searching...
    Hey guys.

Am new here so apologies if this has been asked already. I did do a quick search and couldn't find anything.

So here's the story, I've got a 3G iPhone on iOS 4.1 and baseband 5.13.04. I jailbroke it with redsn0w and then did an unlock with ultrasn0w. Jail break work but unlocking doesn't it still says "searching..." and really slows the iPhone down.

Have tried this a few times and still the same problem

Can someone please help me out?

Many thinks.

do you have baseband 5.14.02 ? if yes then ultrasnow wont work. you do know how to check which baseband u have right? my bad didnt read the whole post. i dunno why you are getting that. sorry.
    Last edited by vanki3ll; 2010-10-31 at 04:31 AM. Reason: wrong answer

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Using iTunes to update your phone WILL update your baseband. Apple continually changes the baseband with every update to circumvent users like yourself who want to use a non-Apple-authorized carrier. You might be lucky and get an unlock for the latest baseband next month ... maybe. Unlocking the baseband is far more difficult than jailbreaking.

If you care about an unlock, never, never, never do a stock iTunes update/upgrade. Did I say never enough?
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-10-31 at 05:11 AM.

Did you use fuzzyband to downgrade your baseband? You must have I think.

I had someone do the same thing and they couldn't get it unlocked either.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

FYI: Fuzzyband works on a ---very small-- number of 3G phones. Only those with 5.08 bootrom. Don't plan on using this option. Apple quickly closed this.

He's obviously already used it!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That should be verified. Some people don't realize upgrading will upgrade the baseband and thought the baseband is on 5.13.04. Correct me if I'm wrong please, and let us know if you did you Fuzzyband.

A possible fix if your baseband is still on 5.13.04 is to restore and try the jb and unlock again. Ultrasn0w should work fine on that baseband you have.

Btw, sometimes it does take a couple of reboots and waiting. I've waited up to 15 minutes after rebooting twice for the unlock to kick in. Sometimes I have had to restore and do it over.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-31 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yup it did upgrade to 5.14 and was lucky enough to have bootloader 5.8 so downgraded with fuzzyband.

Hope this helps. Any help would be much appreciated.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

K well have you tried restoring and rejailbreaking? After you restore, you'll wanna set the phone up as new. Restoring from back up could cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    K well have you tried restoring and rejailbreaking? After you restore, you'll wanna set the phone up as new. Restoring from back up could cause problems.
    Thanks, got a question How do I stop it from updating the basement again?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laluuk View Post
    Thanks, got a question How do I stop it from updating the basement again?
    Easy answer. Use a custom-made IPSW. One created with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze. Using a stock Apple file will ALWAYS upgrade the baseband.

BTW: Congrats on having 5.08.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Easy answer. Use a custom-made IPSW. One created with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze. Using a stock Apple file will ALWAYS upgrade the baseband.

BTW: Congrats on having 5.08.
    Thanks yeah very lucky to have 5.8. Just so I do it right this time have to got a link for me please?

I am windows though

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

From the same site:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.1]

Because you have 5.8 bootrom (lucky), you can use a stock Apple 4.1 file.
    Use Redsn0w to update to 4.1 (and update your baseband).
    Then from Cydia, download Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband back to 5.13.x.
    Then from Cydia, download Ultrasn0w for the unlock.

Note: reboot one or more times after each step, then set-up as new phone after done.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-10-31 at 05:25 PM.

hmm.. that's the link I used to jailbreak my iphone in the first place. (twice)... I'll give it a go one more time though.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    From the same site:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.1]

Because you have 5.8 bootrom (lucky), you can use a stock Apple 4.1 file.
    Use Redsn0w to update to 4.1 (and update your baseband).
    Then from Cydia, download Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband back to 5.13.x.
    Then from Cydia, download Ultrasn0w for the unlock.

Note: reboot one or more times after each step and set-up as new phone after done.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hmmmm. That's odd.
    So you got to 4.1, then Fuzzyband back to 5.13 baseband.

Then Ultrasn0w didn't work??? Very odd.

Note: Don't forget to reboot several times after each step.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-10-31 at 05:31 PM.

yup, got the iphone didn't know about shift + restore instead did a full restore so it upgraded the baseband. Then I used redsn0w with custom ipsw and jailbroke it. After that I used fuzzyband to downgrade baseband to 5.13 and used ultrasn0w to unlock it. But its just stuck on "searching..." and its really slowing the iphone down.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's the reason I keep my old iMac around --- just to use PwnageTool. Rarely do I have any problems with PwnageTool whereas all the other jb'ing methods are littered with problems and issues.

My advise, try it again and this time ... cross your fingers

okay thanks will give it another shot. thanks much appreciate the advice

Okay guys did it again a still the same problem. Any ideas? Would it matter that I don't have the original sim?
    Last edited by laluuk; 2010-10-31 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast