Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Searching...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hosties ... maybe I spoke too soon. No-network errors are usually easily solved by starting over.

My prior post was just an idea -- and only because your carrier might be totally foreign to Apple. I have no idea if this is the case, or even if my suggestion makes a lot of sense. It makes sense to me because I know my unlock is available because it works on T-Mobile US.

If you are reasonably experienced, you should search MMI for 'Patching CommCenter' to install unsigned carrier bundles on 4.1 and go from there.

My suggestion is likely a 'wild-goose' ... just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    ^^Thx for new info. Hope this helps hosies
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-05 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok so i tried the push fix and it didnt work... i decided to restore to 4.1 with a custom fw (currently im on 4.0) and do everything over again while keeping my SIM in the iPhone. what is weird is that i have an identical iPhone as i mentioned about, and its working perfectly the only difference between them is the baseband.

my question, is there a way i can add ultrasn0w and push fix in the custom firmware than i will build using pwnage tool? sometimes wifi goes crazy and ultrasn0w host becomes unreachable, i guess its better to do it all at once instead of having to go in and do the Cydia/AutoInstall folders through iPhone Explorer.

Thank you so much for your help.
    @Mes any wild-goose is better than no goose at all, at least i know i have more ways to go around this problem.
    @yeow202 much appreciated, and to be honest i prefer these types of fixes that depend on downloading a file from cydia than doing all the steps over again, unfortunately it didnt work.

any suggestions before i start the restore?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's easy to add packages with PwnageTool using Expert Mode. Add the source, refresh, then check the additional items that will be added to the ipsw build.

just a thought, do you think i can take out files from the functional iPhone and place them in the broken one?

if yes, which files and where are they located?

p.s. i realize there are lots of typos in my posts... sorry about that.
    cheers!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^ You could .... but which ones?

Another 'wild goose-idea' .....

From the 'working phone' .... go to /private/var/mobile/Library.
    Look for two directories (Operator Bundle.bundle and Carrier Bundle.bundle). These are symbolic links to the real carrier bundle in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/xxxx.bundle and created when the iPhone discovers the network.

From this info, you could verify the non-working phone has the same carrier bundles installed and the appropriate links (or manually create if not.

Wild-ideas hosies.... JMHO

One last 'wild-goose' idea:

Maybe there is a slight SIM mis-alignment in the non-working phone causing this strange behaviour. Have you tried different SIMs?
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-05 at 09:18 PM.

Back from doing everything all over again, and i regret to say that i give up! nothing seems to work.

Thank you though for all your help.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that. One of these days you'll figure out what went wrong. Maybe giving it a rest for the moment and trying next will/next month will uncover the real problem. In my case .... it's usually been so simple I kicked myself (haha).

----------- New idea --------------------

Did you look at /var/tmp/ulrasn0w-dylib.log for ultrasn0w errors?

This is what's in mine:

ultrasn0w loaded via CommCenter
    ultrasn0w hooked
    Unlocking commands sent!
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-05 at 10:44 PM.

well mine has this:
    ultrasn0w loaded via CommCenter
    ultrasn0w hooked
    Tethering patch applied at 0x1ba96
    Unlocking commands sent!

and the thing is, when searching for the carrier, the phone finds them but if i choose 1, the progress wheel will keep spinning forever and nothing will happen! ;/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have you tried a different SIM? and a different carrier?

different SIM yes, carrier no. i dont have access to a different carrier at the moment.

LOL just realized the irony in your signature... that 5% phone is whats keeping so many people awake and giving them headaches!

do you think its time i do some research about the commcenter?
    Last edited by hosies; 2010-11-05 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, that's one reason why I suggested a different carrier.

If you can't get one to test, then yes. I would try a stock CommCenter first.

FYI: The stock CommCenter works great for T-Mobile USA. CommCenter mods are needed to get MMS and tethering working.

Your ultrasn0w-dynlib.log extra line 'tethering patch applied' ..... hmmm

BTW: wortel (search MMY) has many posts related to patching CommCenter. I use the contents for many things, including SHA-1 hashes to verify IF it's the correct CommCenter, and if it's stock or already patched, etc. Gotta know where I am before deciding where to go (haha)
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-05 at 11:25 PM.

yeah that extra line is weird, and i had to install through iPhone Explorer, for some reason ultrasn0w is not connecting to the source, been like this for the past 2 weeks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Wait just a minute...... You 'had to install 'with iPhone Explorer'? Not via Cydia?

That IS a problem!!! And it occurs long before trying to unlock.

This is important information and must be investigated further.

True.... but i mentioned that before. The thing is, i had to install ultrasn0w via iphone explorer on my iPhone and it is working just fine (hope i don't jinx it!!)
    Installing like that is supposed to be perfectly normal, just add mobilesubstrate.deb and ultrasn0w.deb, restart 2 times to install both and thats it, and thats exactly what happened with my iPhone and as i said it working...
    wait let me check if it has that extra line in the ultrasn0w log

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    True.... but i mentioned that before. The thing is, i had to install ultrasn0w via iphone explorer on my iPhone and it is working just fine ...
    My thoughts were:

Why did you 'have' to install that way? Because:
    1. WiFi didn't work?
    2. Don't have access to WiFi?

If you have access to WiFi .... but Cydia (via WiFi) didn't work, then it's a problem. Cydia does some reorganizing and usually has essential updates that must be done before installing anything.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-05 at 11:54 PM.

Hmmm... its a Eurika! moment, or i hope it is.
    check out the 2 screenshots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -working-unlocked-iphone.png   -not-working-unlocked-iphone.png  

yes i installed manually because ultrasn0w couldnt connect to host and didnt download through cydia
    but you are right, as you can see in the screenshots, the one with more files and cydia stuff is the working iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What I see as important ?.. ? .. ....

One indicates Cydia has run ... and the other doesn't.

Leave the ultrasn0w install for last. Get connected via WiFi and run Cydia. Exit, reboot, then install ultrasn0w w/Cydia (or manually)

this is what i get when i open cydia.
    btw, how can i insert images in the post instead of attachments like im doing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0002.png   -img_0003.png   -img_0004.png  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hmm. I don't get any Cydia ultrasn0w repo errors. Just checked.

However, in your case, Cydia has run the 1st time. That's the most important thing I was looking for . Any essential Cydia updates? Did you let them install?

As long as Cydia completed it's very first run, I see no issues with manual deb installs.

In summary: PwnageTool/iTunes/jb. Reboot, Connect WiFi, Run Cydia, ultrasn0w repo error. Update essential. Reboot, manual mobile substrate and ultrasn0w deb install? That should work.

Guess it's time to investigate CommCenter.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-06 at 12:58 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast